• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
niknakproducts
Community Member
Accepted Solution
If you give full refund can the buyer still leave negative feedback

If you give a full refund can the buyer still leave negative feedback?

Accepted Solutions: 4
Community Member
Answered
in reply to niknakproducts

In a word, yes. But is there anyone out there who thinks that this is even remotely fair?

The Ebay geniuses have skewed virtually everything to the buyer's overwhelming advantage to the point that selling has become, well, not worth the effort.

Angela Jones

gageman22
Community Member
Answered

Yes, they can. But you can respond to that feedback with a follow up comment " full refund given" or whatever

silverstrad
Community Member
Answered

Yes they can

The only time the a buyer cannot leave negative feedback is if an UnPaid Item case has been closed with no payment from them

22shoes
Community Member
Answered

Yes.

Other Answers: 5
Community Member
Answered

THis is one of those things that is completely and totally unfair.  This JERK i just dealt with said I was slow to ship AFTER 2 BUSINESS DAYS so he didnt even want the item. I went ahead and refunded his money and here we are 2 weeks later and he gives me a negative. 

To me the deal has been voided and negative or ANY feedback should not be allowed on either side. 

hottiemchothot2003
Community Member
Answered

The BEST way is to LEAVE and STOP SELLING here since there are too many scum scammers and eBay doesn't protect us Sellers!

niknakproducts
Community Member
Answered

The reason I asked this question is I received a negative from a buyer who left neg. feedback prior to even contacting me to say there was a problem first, I contacted buy to the listing in question...I informed her that It stated the listing was for 12 but would send 14 total that 2 of the items were without rhinestones. She Gave me bad feedback saying 2 items did not have stones... Well no kidding! She admitted she did not read, said she did not care and I should not have sent 2 without stones and that she would not change her neg. feedback I even offered to give full refund and who pay to have items returned so she would not be out of any funds....She said No. that she was not going to change her mind and told me basically leave her alone. After I asked her to reconsider. This is why I asked this question. Had 100% feed back now she has damaged it. And there is nothing I can do about it and it is just not fair to be a seller on ebay. Feedback is pointless If it is only a one way street. They should have a policy that the buyer must contact the seller prior to leaving neg. feedback and if Seller refunds completely and pays for return ship that the buyer not be allowed to leave neg. feedback and all feedback void for both parties. All because she did not read it! and that is wrong!!

kraloe
Community Member
Answered

Why are you giving a refund?

Community Member
Answered

Seems to be the case. I forgot to delete refrences of a card being a refractor on an auction (sell similar). The photo was of the item (it was the card that I sent) and sold within the range of the non-refractor. I already have 14 day return policy, but offered to pay for return shipping or a discount . They wanted 3x the discount which I turned down. I get the card back, with 2 bonuses. One, instead of sending it via ebay/first class he went priority ($6.10 - so I only refunded $2.50). Two, there was a letter in which he insulted me several times. Leaves me negative feed back and has sent other e-mails about wanting more money and various insults and profanity.