• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
cudajim340
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Can a seller tell a buyer to give positive feed back before they will deal with a dispute?

I purchased an item from a seller. It sucked. I sent a protracted email to the seller explaining my dissatisfaction in the quality of the supposed “highest quality” of the item. The Seller tells me they cannot approve a return until I give them Positive or neutral feedback. They have 99.5% and I am thinking this is why. Is this extortion? Or is this business as usual?

Accepted Solutions: 2
22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cudajim340

Do not leave feedback yet.

Seller is an idiot.

If you haven't file the SNAD, do so now.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to cudajim340

That seller is trying to bamboozle you...Do not let yourself be fooled by him/her.

When you file your dispute today, Ebay will review the emails and see what that seller wrote, regarding your issue and this feedback vs approval stuff.

Let the dispute ride (pay attention to it and your responsibilities) till the very end after you've been satisfied..

Other Answers: 3
cudajim340
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cudajim340

I called Ebay and talked to the very nice CS rep. (she really was attentive) She opened an investigation with the Trades and Securities Commission. I had already opened a dispute resolution claim which helped her in forwarding the details. I bet the seller does not repeat their extortion in this official process. Heh.  I have forwarded my Email communications in this matter between myself and the seller to the CS rep and she will in turn forward them on to the T&SC persons. I am satisfied that even if the seller does not come through with my refund that I have aided other buyers that might deal with this seller e-autogrilles in the future to not have to deal with the same attempted extortion that I had to deal with.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to cudajim340

Ignore the seller and file the SNAD. You will be told to return the part with delivery confirmation; you will get back your initial purchase price plus initial shipping.

If you read this sellers negs/neutrals (did you before buying?) you would see they pull this stunt routinely. Kind of surprising given their volume of sales. Probably would have been better to purchase from someone else.

22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cudajim340

You can even mention in the SNAD that the seller refused to honor their return policy unless youleft neut or pos feedbak first.