cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tony Alamo Clothing

I have attempted to email or chat with customer service to no avail regarding this. Hoping someone here can help.

Tony Alamo who was a convicted cult leader had his cult members create clothing, mainly rhinestone jackets that are listed for sale on eBay. My loved one was an abused brainwashed beaten child forced into slave labor within the confines of the Alamo compound to sort rhinestones to apply to the clothing until the age of 10 when the FBI raided the compound. I feel these items being listed for sale given the gravity of the situation violates eBays tragedy policy not to mention the child slave labor.  I would like to see these items removed and the cult leaders items not glorified and profited from. If any of you do not know the history of Tony Alamo I encourage you to research it and to please report or request items of his for sale be removed.  

I hope that someone from eBay will contact me and help me with this. I'm one person in a giant world trying to thwart evil yet so far I've not been extended the least bit of compassion on other sites selling his items. I'm cautiously optimistic that someone will help give th victims a voice and have these items banned.  

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Tony Alamo Clothing

Jusr so you know, Tony Alamo had no connection to the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas.  The Alamo is a historic shrine under the direction if the Daughters of The Republic of Texas since 1905 and nobody has been sorting rhinestones in the compund since that time.

Tony Alamo's church was founded in California in 1969 and then moved to Arkansas in 1976.  I am a native of San Antonio and there was no rhinestone sorting going on at the Alamo compound by anybody during that time.

Your loved one may have been sorting rhinestones somewhere but it wasn't within the Alamo compound.

I didn't have to do the research on the Alamo.

photo bats.gif
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Tony Alamo Clothing

With all due respect we are talking about two very different things. The cult leaders name is pronounced Tony ah-la-mo not like the historical site The al-ah-mo. Neither are to be confused with the other. And anyone doing so is very misguided as The Alamo was in 1836-not very likely searovski crystals were put on clothing during that time and sold to Celebrities and are showing up in droves on internet auction/sale sites.  I specifically stated TONY ALAMO was a cult leader and mentioned nothing about the historical site The Alamo located in Texas. The FBI raided the Tony Alamo compound in Arkansas in the 1990's, a far cry from the dates of the historical site The Alamo. My husband was sorting rhinestones until he was 10 years old within the confines of the Tony Alamo compound in Alma Arkansas until it was raided by the FBI. So again yes he was beaten and was sorting rhinestones and I never mentioned anything about the historical site The Alamo in Texas. And the lack of human compassion regarding my husbands life is astounding. You could have at least said sorry that that man ruined so many lives instead of defending something I never even mentioned. All I would like is for eBay to ban and for people to not purchase the Tony Alamo clothing items created using child slave labor. Thank you for your time. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Tony Alamo Clothing

No need to get all huffy about an obvious misunderstanding.

When you said "Alamo compound", I thought you were referring to the Alamo compound  in San Antonio which is still here by the way and very well preserved from the 1836 time period.

photo bats.gif
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Tony Alamo Clothing

Have you read the offensive material policy?  https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/offensive.html

All you can do is report listings that violate the offensive material policy. FWIW customer service is just an overseas call center. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Tony Alamo Clothing

@enabus_0

While I feel that what happended was sad & tragic and I feel sad that your husband was abused, I don't understand how these sellers are connected to Tony Alamo in any way other than they own some of the items from his store which was in business legally & before the allegations and convictions happened.

So you think the legitimate owners of the items should be punished for owning and listing the items? That makes no sense.

If I own a Janis Joplin t shirt and decide to list it, am I glorifying drug abuse & heroin overdoses?  I think not.

IMO the items themselves are not glorifying the cult. It's not like TA or the cult members are the sellers. TA is long dead & buried.

Getting these items banned is not going to help your husband, but it would be hurting legitimate sellers.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Tony Alamo Clothing

Fine. As usual everyone else in the world has rights, opinions and can do as they please. I'll just be quiet and never say a word to anyone or try to make a difference in the world. Thank you for setting me straight on how I should feel and what I should do. Peace to all.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Tony Alamo Clothing

I wished another poster today well in their endeavors and was bashed for doing so by people that didn't like what she had posted originally. That's it that's all I did was ask for help in this post and wished another poster well and I'm told what to do and how to think and what will help or not help my husband. I for the life of my don't know why I even attempt to make connections in this world. The lack of compassion and understanding in this universe is just fantastically disappointing. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Tony Alamo Clothing

@enabus_0

No where in my post am I telling you how or what you should feel.

I am simply stating my views on the subject.

I think I posted in a clear and concise manner. Sorry if you have trouble understanding my post.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Tony Alamo Clothing

I totally agree with you, ebay allowing the selling of these items is no different than if they allowed sellers to offload items directly tied to the holocaust.

Its disgusting that ebay allows this and its irritating that the first commenter on this thread got huffy because they didnt bother to do any research and jumped to gonclusions, all because you used the wird “compound”. SMH

Also- please know that others support your message as well and i made sure to post my opinions on this violation of the offensive material policy. I do not understand how ebay is ok with people selling items that were made through child-slave labor!!
Message 10 of 10
latest reply