cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paloma Picasso Knit Shirt?

I just found this unusual long-sleeve knit shirt with "Paloma Picasso" printed all over the fabric. Label has been removed and I cannot find anything else similar to even begin to compare. Also has XXX's in the design and I know she had a jewelry line that incorporated XXX's in the design...might have been a promotional piece for the jewelry line? Or perhaps it is a fake, but why fake something she never did? She did do a limited amount of clothing, but have had little success in finding anything even remotely like this shirt. Anyone have any clues for me? Thanks for your help! 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I can't help you but I doubt that anyone else can either without pictures!
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I just found this unusual long-sleeve knit shirt with "Paloma Picasso" printed all over the fabric. Label has been removed and I cannot find anything else similar to even begin to compare. Also has XXX's in the design and I know she had a jewelry line that incorporated XXX's in the design...might have been a promotional piece for the jewelry line? Or perhaps it is a fake, but why fake something she never did? She did do a limited amount of clothing, but have had little success in finding anything even remotely like this shirt. Anyone have any clues for me? Thanks for your help! PALOMA PICASSOPALOMA PICASSO

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

THANKS! You are absolutely right! I forgot to add the pic...here it is!
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Given PALOMA PICASSO is a luxury design house, think highly unlikely that your shirt came from the brand.

You can check her trademark here and compare your shirt's signature with her genuine trademarked one.

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4803:wjh0r9.2.10

Debora

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@vintageista wrote:

I just found this unusual long-sleeve knit shirt with "Paloma Picasso" printed all over the fabric. Label has been removed and I cannot find anything else similar to even begin to compare. Also has XXX's in the design and I know she had a jewelry line that incorporated XXX's in the design...might have been a promotional piece for the jewelry line? Or perhaps it is a fake, but why fake something she never did? She did do a limited amount of clothing, but have had little success in finding anything even remotely like this shirt. Anyone have any clues for me? Thanks for your help! PALOMA PICASSOPALOMA PICASSO

It looks like her jewelry design...

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Debora_34_
Thank you for that reference. Actually it does match her trademarked signature and she did make jewelry with the "X" design pictured. My best guess is that this was a promotional piece done for her jewelry line, perhaps for the sales people? I agree it is not a luxury-type item, & she only did a limited amount of clothing, but not anything like a knit shirt.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

IMO, your shirt has nothing to do with Paloma Picasso.  The fabric is cheap, the style is strangely 1970s, the fabric design is garish,  the "x" don't match her trademark "love and kisses" -- take a closer look -- and her brand colors were red and black.  Her counter people would never, never wear yellow and orange in such an unsophisticated design and execution.  If you want to see examples of the Paloma Picasso clothing line (of which I agree, few,) go to eBay.fr.  

Debora

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

So someone made fabric with her signature just to make this shirt?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@quelle-surprise wrote:

So someone made fabric with her signature just to make this shirt?

Isn't that what they do with any signature-patterned fake? If there's money to be made, the fakers will fake it.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 10
latest reply