eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

renaee480
Community Member

Look What I Got "ACCOUNT RESTRICTED"

Here is the message I got

Dear renaee480,

We're writing to let you know that even though your selling performance has improved under the US seller performance standards program, it still has not met our standards; therefore, your selling account has been restricted. If you had any active listings prior to your restriction, they have been removed and your selling fees will be credited. If you recently sold an item they can be found in the sold section of your My eBay.

You can still get your messages in My eBay, and of course, complete any outstanding transactions with your buyers, but you won't be able to list any more items. This action doesn't affect your buying account. While this account is restricted, you're not permitted to sell on any other of your existing accounts.

Please complete any outstanding transactions with this account

This is for someone who dinged my shipping stars 4 times in a 12 month period.  1- Febuary 2013; 1 in May 2013; 1 in September 2013; and 1 in October 2013.  I called ebay to discuss this last month, and the customer service rep, said that I was doing good, and to keep doing what I was doing in shipping, and that the below standard would be lifted, in my February Review,  didn't mention I was going to be restricted!! although she was very confusing, and really didn't have any answers to my questions, just kept asking  "How can I help you with this" then put me on hold several times.   She didn't have any answers. After 1 hour of trying to figure this out. The other account I have they have limited my listing to 100 items or $1700 per month and will evaluate my progress in 90 days, and I have to clear up issues on my other account, which I do not have any issues on my other account. 
Please use plain text.
mundanemeadows
Community Member

Re: Look What I Got "ACCOUNT RESTRICTED"

in reply to renaee480

Did you receive anything prior to this outlining what improvements needed to be made or did they just blindside you with a restriction? Was there any forewarning at all?

Sorry this has happened.

Please use plain text.
cleannyc
Community Member

in reply to renaee480

It is really a shame that someone with 100% positive FB and stars all showing 4.8 and over gets restricted for their performance. Did you have a lot of cases or something? Because really, it is completely unfair for them to restrict you based on the stars showing now. Personally I don't believe a sellers ability to sell should be based on stars that people randomly put mid-range half the time just because they are happy but not over-excited. 

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I would keep calling, do not back down.

Ocean Beach, Fire Island!

Please use plain text.
renaee480
Community Member

in reply to renaee480

My dashboard said I had below standards marked RED but other than that no, I even called and the customer service person really had no clue to how to help me, she kept telling me the things I already read that was on my dashboard, I have 100% feedback, and I don't know if this hurt me or not, someone gave me a nuetral for a item not fitting, I reported it, the customer never said nothing to me not even an email about it, I had all the measurements in the description, said I was a good seller item just didn't fit. Outside of that I have not had any bad feedback from the ones giving.  My percent is up to 1.99% and supose to be a 2%, ebay said my items were possibly not being shown due to the below standard, but expect me to sell items, and get stuff sent out within 24 hours.  What sales I did have I got them out before 24 hours.  My traffic had dropped to over 500 views, and I read that has been happening to more than just me. 

Please use plain text.
val2525
Community Member

in reply to renaee480

This whole process is incredibly stupid.  HTH are you supposed to 'improve your performance' if you can't list anything?  It's like kindergarten where you're sent to the closet as punishment.  Didn't work then, won't work now.  

I'm sorry you're getting hit with all this, (((((OP))))).

Please use plain text.
moonlitmemory
Community Member

in reply to renaee480

renaee480 wrote:

This is for someone who dinged my shipping stars 4 times in a 12 month period.  1- Febuary 2013; 1 in May 2013; 1 in September 2013; and 1 in October 2013.  I called ebay to discuss this last month, and the customer service rep, said that I was doing good, and to keep doing what I was doing in shipping, and that the below standard would be lifted, in my February Review,  didn't mention I was going to be restricted!! although she was very confusing, and really didn't have any answers to my questions, just kept asking  "How can I help you with this" then put me on hold several times.   She didn't have any answers. After 1 hour of trying to figure this out. The other account I have they have limited my listing to 100 items or $1700 per month and will evaluate my progress in 90 days, and I have to clear up issues on my other account, which I do not have any issues on my other account. 

I am so sorry for what you are going through. It is a terrifying scenario to all of us for whom this income is vital to our family’s survival.

This is a good example, though, of why people BBL star dingers. The argument has come up here several times before that it is a waste of time. But you are proof that just because someone hates one aspect of shopping with you does not mean they won’t come back and purchase the ability to harm you even further.

Click here to go to my Ebay store
Please use plain text.
swclothiers
Community Member

in reply to moonlitmemory

I am going back to what was going on (I forget when)last year in Dec or this year got suspended after selling on here for a long time I think 12 years?  Not sure but there was talk on here about this and lots of other sellers called E-Bay and he got reinstated after it was all over the boards, I think it was the Power Sellers board.  I empathize with you. 

Horrible.   Call and call and do what you can to help.  I don't understand how they do the things they do around here. 

Continuous bargains found in my store.
"GREEN $$$$$$$$$$$ to all
Please use plain text.
sharingtheland
Community Member

in reply to swclothiers

Go to the Seller Protection board and ask for help.  There are ebay employees assigned to respond.  Also, there are other sellers there who are helping and can steer you in the right direction.  

The person you're talking about who got reinstated was a mega seller and it also went very public which helped his situation.

Don't call customer service and ask the first line what to do or how to fix it.  

This has been happening quite a bit; there is an automatic program (guardrail) that now analyzes "buyer experience".  That's why I got so bent about the person who put FAKE in feedback; it's a word the bots search for.  Ebay says such and such doesn't count against you as a seller but if they want it to, it will.

I hate this I'm responding to most recent post thing.  I might have mentioned that before.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Please use plain text.
jesusrocks3339
Community Member

in reply to renaee480

I suggest that you post this thread on seller central or seller protection board.  Not that there are not VERY worthy sellers here with tons of experience but on some of those other board they are dealing with answering these questions routinely.

Get all of your ducks in a row is my suggestion.  Have a plan of action.  One buyer, (if that is what happened here) should not be able to take down your account on their own. If that is what happened and it was the same buyer you do have grounds for being reinstated but I do not know the specifics on how to do that.   I have heard of people posting on the seller protection board and someone by the name of Lamont is the Ebay person who may be able to help if you can get that person to look at the case.

I think that you will need to have all of the policies that would apply to your situation on hand when you do call CS again and also you will want to request to speak with Trust and Safety.  Low feedback scores all left by the same person are removable I think but I do not know the exact details.  I will try to add some policy here if I can find the ones that may apply.  The policies are listed at the bottom of the page and you can look for feedback removal and feeback manipulation.

Here is one:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-manipulation.html

Please use plain text.
sunnyflower555
Community Member

in reply to jesusrocks3339

I agree... you need to post on the Seller Protection Board.  There is HELP there from Ebay department heads and a couple employees from Seller Protection that can help you.  I would just state the facts of each issue... and try not to get emotional no matter what is said. 

Here is the link to the board.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Protection/bd-p/25200000028

If I was in your shoes, I would just keep posting on that board until I got some help.  There are some ebay manager names listed that you can write directly to asking for help too.  I read that many sellers have been helped via this Seller Protection board with the same issues you have described.

I would make a list of each issue with dates etc and present like a diary.  And I would start out with a Summary of your excellent ebay record first off... and then list each issue as it occured.  I am sure you can get this sorted out if you just keep asking for help from the managers hanging out on that board

Read the new rules on Seller Protection to get the neutral removed.  Try to get it done via the phone first.  Have the rules in front of you when you call.  Sometimes the CS agent has the power to removed and sometimes not.  Hopefully you can get someone in Utah in T&S. 

The neutral you got can be removed as the buyer is rating the ITEM in the Feedback and NOT the actions of the seller.  The Feedback is for rating the seller.  You can find the wording in the New Seller Protection rules.  If no luck on the phone with CS,  then I would bring up that issue in your post on that board asking to have that Feedback removed too. 

If you can get the restriction lifted, I would ship everything within 24 hours no matter what is your TOS.  And I would put Free Shipping on as many of your listings as possible for a while so the shipping cost star is grayed out.  If you can't do Free Shipping, then I would put "ECONOMY shipping" on all listings so the software shows you have 1-10 days for the package to arrive.  Best of luck to you in getting this resolved...

Please use plain text.
renaee480
Community Member

in reply to renaee480
Thanks I will post to the other boards anything is worth a try. I was starting to list most of my listings with free shipping. I was even printing labels within the same hour/ day I sold something and getting the packages to the post office that same day. eBay sent me an email with the opportunity to respond if I had questions regarding this situation and a reply would take 24 hours. I emailed explaining it was unfair, and I didn't get a reply within 24 hours, I'm still waiting.
Please use plain text.
rixstuff
Community Member

in reply to mundanemeadows

mundanemeadows wrote:

Did you receive anything prior to this outlining what improvements needed to be made or did they just blindside you with a restriction? Was there any forewarning at all?

Sorry this has happened.

I get these all the time - improve your stars by offering free shipping and communicating better blah blah blah and most of them are things you are ALREADY DOING or that are irrelevant (Im not doing free shipping!).  Most transactions dont involve a lot of communication they are just list - buy - pay - ship.  And what about "slow" shipping that is hung up in a snowbound PO half way to the destination?  Did -I- make it snow?  We shouldnt be dinged for things beyond our control. And what about those buyers who dont pay so quickly?  Where is OUR star for how quick they pay or high maintenance they are or when they fail to read the description?

Please use plain text.
renaee480
Community Member

in reply to renaee480

I just posted on the sellers protection board to this Lamont to please Read, I read a few others going through about the same situation, hopefully I can get this resolved, I will keep you posted as to the outcome.  Thanks for all the advise very much appreciate it. 

Please use plain text.
chik_things
Community Member

in reply to renaee480

Wow Yall Are Scaring me. I am new to the eBay family and was unaware they could do that. Thanks for the early morning wake up call. Hope everything works out for you

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to renaee480

I'm confused. You are the first person I've seen where they block a sellign ability on just one account instead of all accounts. Even your letter they sent says it is for all accounts you have. Instead they blocked one and only put a selling limit on the other? I haven't been around much so maybe this a new thing but from what I've always known when you get blocked all accounts get blocked. Sounds like they decided you had more accounts than you could handle so they restricted you to one with limits. Do you have any star dings on the one they let you keep or cases on it?

Please use plain text.
renaee480
Community Member

in reply to renaee480
I was surprised too, when I got the email, I don't know I'm waiting to see what transpires next? It will be interesting. I'll keep you posted. I got the email to the person named Lamont and emailed him and we will wait in what he can advise. In the meantime, I'm listing in another site try to get some things sold. The bills don't restrict themselves, they keep coming regardless.
Please use plain text.
slappy2014
Community Member

in reply to renaee480

Why didn't you block that buyer after the first ding? There must be some issues on your other acount.  I started out with a selling limit of 10 items and 100.00,then it went to 16 items,now I have been stuck at 100 items or $5000.00 per month. 

"you're not permitted to sell on any other of your existing accounts." 

But you say you have another acount that has been hit with selling limits also. 

What caused yous elling limits? The anser is how you fix the situation.

Please use plain text.
rixstuff
Community Member

in reply to slappy2014

You can also be restricted if you are late paying your ebay fees.  They will restrict you until you pay up.  In my case I had a credit card that expired so they couldnt bill it to get the fees.  Once I put in a new card and paid everything was fine.

Please use plain text.
sharingtheland
Community Member

in reply to rixstuff

Rix, this isn't about not paying the bill or suggestions on how to improve.  "restricted" in those notifications means kicked out; can no longer sell.  That's why no one can understand why one account is still active.  Probably a classic ebay glitch; bots didn't speak slowly enough for the humans.

Hopefully, it's the bots that are wrong in this case and both accounts should be active.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Please use plain text.
renaee480
Community Member

in reply to renaee480
No late paying, eBay gets paid on time through PayPal. No issues on other account, their decision is based on the restricted account. It's due to shipping. I don't know who dinged my stars.

I called eBay put in appeal, appeal accepted just waiting email within 24-48 hours for my instructions. Patiently waiting, today is the 48 hour day....
Please use plain text.