cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this real Gucci Princetown shoes or fake? Please help

I just received these gucci princetown shoes I bought through ebay, and I'm questioning the authenticity because the serial number is not stamped but rather "printed". Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Hum...  Did you go here to compare?  Take a look at the stitching around the hearts on the insole.

Debora

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/women/womens-shoes/womens-moccasins-loafers/princetown-gg-blooms-slip...

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@debora_34_ wrote:

Hum...  Did you go here to compare?  Take a look at the stitching around the hearts on the insole.

Debora

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/women/womens-shoes/womens-moccasins-loafers/princetown-gg-blooms-slip...

The heart on the right side of the picture (on Gucci's site) looks a bit uneven too. 

I'll defer to @jsales0 but I think they're probably okay. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Yes, but I can't tell based on the stitching 😞
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

What gets me is the serial number. It's not so visible on the one in Gucci site
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

On phone-pc down. Don't want to do these off a phone but I think they're genuine. Take them to a shoemaker to doublecheck that everything (piping, lining, etc.) is leather. If so, you're OK. 

BTW IMO the stitching on the site is no better.

I keep going back back and forth on Princetowns as I want a non fur pair in a crazy print but haven't given in yet.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for the input. I just thought the serial number for these shoes only has 6 numbers and the size after that. There's an extra 3 numbers after the size so I thought that was odd
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Again, I don't know the stamping and I do think you should do a material check with your shoemaker first but your stitching (which was off to my eye) is no worse than the ones on the Gucci site as pointed out by Alberta which kinda shocked me.

i had several of them on st Gucci but since I was at Gucci I didn't check them as closely as I should have as I decided not to pop the price.

My phone does not show enough detail as when I enlarge they get fuzzy and pretty useless. Sorry

You can always use a pro but I'd go to a shoemaker first to check that all components (beside the canvas) are leather.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Looks As real As It Can To me.

Latest Fashion News

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thank you.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Hi ...did you find out if they are real?... 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

This thread is 2 years old. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread HERE.

Thanks.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply