eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
just-good-fashion
Community Member

Inkfrog or Auctiva

I've been having a lot of trouble with Turbolister and I'd like some opinions on which program is better, Auctiva or Inkfrog. Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
top*drawer*boutique
Community Member

Re: Inkfrog or Auctiva

in reply to just-good-fashion

I have never used those, but I love ssb:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
unknown-shopper
Community Member

What kinda trouble?

--
....ebay shareholder/seller ''congratulated eBay on its new seller procedures, and said he's been a seller ''forever,'' and he's ''never had it so easy to sell.'', 5/14/14
Please use plain text.
just-good-fashion
Community Member

This is the second time in a month I've had issues. I had to delete the program and install it again. What a pain redoing all the templates. Now it's been refusing to open and then when I compacted the database it opened but all my pictures were gone.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

People will tell you different things. They are all good and they all have glitches from time to time.

SSB - SellersSourcebook - I have never used this but alot of boardies love it.

Auctiva - I used this until they were going to charge this outlandish fee and then I switched to Inkfrog. After I switched the changed their minds. This one you will probably like. It has a easy listing format. Great Templates.

Inkfrog - This is what I am using now. A little harder to learn but not bad. I really like this one too. I'm a creature of habit so I stay with them. Of course I really haven't had any desire to change either.

Please use plain text.
realitychecks153
Community Member

i am using inkfrog currently...its not perfect but i am still learning how to use it ...i have found a few glitches and quirks but they all have those...i eventually want to use highwire as a multichannel inventory control and multi-channel listing devise.

Their customer service has been good so far !

"Paradigm Shift" ...Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks...1 Thessalonians chapter 5
Please use plain text.
bwxspike
Community Member

Huge supporter of Inkfrog.

Please don't talk while I'm interrupting. It's rude.
Please use plain text.
dinah*doll
Community Member

I've been happy with Inkfrog since 2005 or so.

The Artist Formerly Known As betty*blackbent

Please use plain text.
classring
Community Member

Add me to the list of happy Inkfroggers.

Terri

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I am using Auctiva. Lots of photo storage that I can organize into folders and a variety of templates. I especially like the free scheduling.

Have not run into any glitches.

Karen (in Guam)

Please use plain text.
denise15601
Community Member

I also switched from Auctiva when they lost their minds and tried to charge us huge monthly fees.

InkFrog has been glitchy but I will stick with them.

I love how I can change an active listing.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I'm a happy InkFrog user too.  I really liked Auctiva until they tried to charge the out-of-this-world fees and I switched.  Yes, a little harder to learn (I'm not very computer literate) but I love InkFrog.  I've only had a couple of minor issues, and they were fixed within a couple hours.  Both are good programs, but I just prefer InkFrog.

Please use plain text.
superior-quality4less
Community Member

I use Auctiva and I'm pleased with it.

Please use plain text.
natalie*930
Community Member

I use SixBit, which is newer and developed some of Blackthorne programmers.

No complaints so far.  It is a program you download onto your computer though, not an internet browser based program.

I had a problem with my system, because of registry errors or because I have Windows 7 64-bit (not 32 bit, which is more standard), and the actual head programmer called me up, dialed into my computer and spent an hour fixing things.  Free of charge.

That was about a year ago, and I haven't had to call them about anything since.

I have some ideas about what happened with Auctiva . . .the guy who created it (Jeff ) sold it to some foreign company, got the heck out, and the foreign company tried to jack the prices up and do some other things, I assume.  Then they hired Jeff back to help fix things.

And I'm only guessing about the timeline of events.  I know Jeff sold it and they hired him back, because his parents live next door to my parents, and our families spent Christmas Eve together.

That wasn't meant as a snooty name-drop.  It's completely coincidental that our parents are BFFs and one of those "it's a small world" things. 

And he did talk crap to me because I don't use Auctiva.  He didn't ask what I use though.  I was going to have to tell him that I'm a dirty Oregon hippie who always roots for the underdog.  hahahahaha

Please use plain text.
xixipolo
Community Member

I've been using InkFrog for a few years and it definitely has issues.

For one, something happens to their servers after midnight and good luck uploading to their site between 12 AM and 3 AM

I write to support and although they are always cordial, nothing ever gets done.

I have never tried Auctiva although a few years ago I did sign for their 30 day free trial but never used it. So I can't try it for free. But I am going to give it a test drive soon.

Whatever system you decide to use, make sure you try it for yourself as opposed to taking advise from anyone. My bad experience with one service could be isolated and have nothing with your findings. But definitely try at least 3 services before settling on one because once you get started with one and have thousands of pictures hosted on their servers, it is almost impossible to leave them! And that's how they get you...

my 2 cents

Please use plain text.
realitychecks153
Community Member

I've been using InkFrog for a few years and it definitely has issues.

For one, something happens to their servers after midnight and good luck uploading to their site between 12 AM and 3 AM

I write to support and although they are always cordial, nothing ever gets done.

I have had similar problems but most of mine started right at  3am ET like clockwork every night ... i have had some intermittent problems between 12 AM and 3 AM but not every night ... i spoke to customer service and one thing that has helped was i had multiple inkfrog tabs open at the same time as many as 5 and they said that could interfere with performance ... when i stopped doing that it helped quite a bit. I still have had problems right at 3 AM ...but i have adjusted my working schedule now so most of my working is done 6am to 11pm and have had no problems for the most part.

"Paradigm Shift" ...Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks...1 Thessalonians chapter 5
Please use plain text.
shopping*addiction
Community Member

I have had VERY LITTLE, and I mean VERY LITTLE issue with Auctiva.

Makes listing simple.
Plenty of photo storage.

I like their templates better than any of the other sites (though I tend to stick to one template for most since it saves time!!)

Liz
Please use plain text.
cookie.cupboard
Community Member

I also use Auctiva..turbolister was way too many steps for me. I'm a slow lister as it is and Auctiva works very well for me so far.

Victoria's Venture
Please use plain text.
rochellesells
Community Member

Add me to the Inkfrog group. Used to be with Auctiva and have tried Turbolister a few times and hated it.

"But, yes, she may neg you. Don't fall in love with your feedback." Homecomforts, April 12, 2013
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I've been with Inkfrog for over 10 years---they have very good customer service! 

Please use plain text.