cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a few pair of cowboy boots and they do not have the boot size printed anywhere on them

How do I determine the size of cowboy/western boots when the size is not printed anywhere on it and I can't find any information on the codes printed inside the boots?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have a few pair of cowboy boots and they do not have the boot size printed anywhere on them

Larry Mahan D width 80 means size 8.
85 would be 8 1/2

Old West 050 size 5? Is it a ladies boot?
Old West 110 D size 11 D

Does that seem correct to you?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Those codes usually have the size incorporated within the numbers.  Need more info to help you. Are the bootmaker names available?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

3 pairs of boots total I'll post pictures of what is printed inside each, one pair of Larry Mahan and two pair of Old West

IMG_4630.JPG

IMG_4631.JPGIMG_4632.JPG

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Larry Mahan D width 80 means size 8.
85 would be 8 1/2

Old West 050 size 5? Is it a ladies boot?
Old West 110 D size 11 D

Does that seem correct to you?
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

The 050 Old West is a youth boys from what I've found on Google looking up BSY1814, I appreciate the help it looks like everything is correct. Thank you!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Awesome! Glad to help. Make sure to include those internal pics when you list them.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

101_3100.jpg

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

whoops!  Got the picture up there, but no text!

Do you read me, would you help me with these?  It looks as if it says Size 4 1/2, but I wear a size 9 shoe and am surprised that the insole length on these is close to 9" long.  Could they be youth size? I thought they were womens, but now that you mention youth, that's possible.

I've never understood how to decode Tony Lama's numbering system.

Thanks in advance for any help!  Beth

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Haha, man, I'm so excited to maybe get help with these, I'm all discombobulated.

What I meant to say is there's no way I can fit my foot into these boots, but they seem longer than a size 4 1/2 womens shoe....that would be tiny.

If you could direct me to a website or something with Tony Lama's sizing, I'd be very appreciative....have honestly been looking on and off for over a year.

Thanks again

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Oh, Tony Lama 4 1/2 C.  I remember you well!  That was my size forever!  Then my old feet spread to a half size larger. The size 4 is men's or boys...which translates to 6 in women's.  

Now these bootmakers don't even bother with varying widths.  I live in  what used to be the boot capital of the world.  I don't know sites for boots, just very familiar with sizing codes.  

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Hi, thanks!

I'm still a little confused....so 4 1/2 C would be a mens/boys 4 1/2, womens 6 or 6 1/2, would you think?  I've never seen mens' shoes in size 4 or 4 1/2, so would have to be thinking boys?    Hmm, how old are you when you're likely to wear a size 4 1/2?

They seem really small when I try to put my foot in, though, as I said, the insole measurement is longer than I'd expected.   

Thanks again, hope you can clarify for me.....I guess my bottom-line question is:

How would you list these?  Boys size 4 1/2C?  Womens?  They're nice older boots!

Beth

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Well, shoot!  Just searched 4 1/2 C Tony Lamas and there are a ton of womens' listings, including one that says the outsole is 9 3/4".....clearly 4 1/2 does't mean the same thing as regular shoes, since my size 9 shoes have a 10" outsole. 

What am I missing here?  Scratching my head!  😄

Beth

Message 12 of 12
latest reply