cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Coach authentication

I recently bought a Coach purse at a thrift store. It seems to be in great condition, especially on the inside, but while doing research, I saw lots of articles about fake Coach purses & DO NOT want to list a fake. I found a purse with the same number on poshmark.com, but still don't feel 100% convinced. 

Can someone help me find out if it is real?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Your bag was not made by Coach. 

It is fake and cannot be sold

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You need to get a full refund from the thrift store. Selling counterfeits is illegal. The C pattern on the outside is wrong, and it looks like theres a C pattern inside too, and there shouldnt be. Those arent the only problems either.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If the thrift store tells you they don't do refunds, remind them the sale was illegal to start with.

If they still balk, tell them you would be more than happy to notify the authorities.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I'm glad you came here before listing.

May I ask if the Dooney IT bag (unsold) came from the same store? I see some questionable details on that although the pictures aren't adequate to verify whether it's fake or not.

If you plan to relist, I recommend posting some more pictures here showing the lining and the interior "Dooney" patch. If there's a red, white and blue tag inside, please post pictures of both sides of it. (You might have to use a utensil to prop the bag open to get good pictures.)
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

No, that one was from a different store

Message 6 of 6
latest reply