cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Did I purchase a replica Louis Vuitton tie?

PLEASE HELP! I bought this tie from a trusted seller (100% positive feedback) but now I have a terrible feeling that I bought a replica Vuitton product.

See photos here:
tie5.jpgtie4.jpgtie3.jpgtie2.jpgTie1.jpgtie.jpg

Thank you for all your comments!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Most of the time we cannot authenticate here, try taking it to an authorized seller of those ties. What would make you think it was a replica?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hello. It is not authentic. The square logo that has the LV is not right and that is the main giveaway its fake. Also the paper in the box does not have logos. I cannot see the rest of the box but there may be clues there as well. Before you blast seller, just ask for a return or exchange since its been awhile. Sometimes reputable sellers are fooled too. Give them some benefit of doubt first. They should help you out. Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Brent @luxgods

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@luxgods wrote:

Hello. It is not authentic. The square logo that has the LV is not right and that is the main giveaway its fake. Also the paper in the box does not have logos. I cannot see the rest of the box but there may be clues there as well. Before you blast seller, just ask for a return or exchange since its been awhile. Sometimes reputable sellers are fooled too. Give them some benefit of doubt first. They should help you out. Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Brent @luxgods

While I'm 99% sure it's fake too, I suggest that the OP wait for opinions/confirmation from the regular (known) LV board experts.

But I have to disagree with @luxgods comment about the seller. Sellers are responsible for KNOWING their items are authentic before listing and if they don't know, they have to verify. And if an item is fake, the seller SHOULD be called on it.

And this is directed to you, @luxgods. You can't list items with unrelated key words! (Just one example: Your Miller's Oath tie is NOT "Damier, Yeezy, Supreme, LV, Guccissima."

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@luxgods

FYI: Keyword spamming

Keyword spamming is when people use words or details (such as brands, item condition, model names, pop culture terms, product names, style, and type) that have nothing to do with their items so that their listings will show up in search results. Since this clutters eBay and makes buying and selling more difficult, we don't allow keyword spamming (see also brand names).

Allowed

Allowed

• All the words in your listing have to be accurate and refer only to the item for sale.

• For lot listings, you can specify all the different items in the lot. For example, "This lot includes 2 pairs of shoes, 2 shirts, 1 pair of pants, 3 pairs of shorts, and a jacket."

• You can use synonyms to describe an item. For example, you can call a handbag a purse.

Not allowed

Not allowed

• Calling out similarities—for example, when selling a DVD, don't talk about Blu-ray discs.

• Comparisons between products aren't allowed. For example, you can't say things like "shirt not pants" or "video not Nano."

• Descriptions that promote items in other listings. For example, a listing for shoes can't say things like, "Check out my other listings for hats, shirts, pants, coats, gloves, and underwear."

• Hiding unrelated keywords in a listing by using white-on-white text, tiny fonts, or HTML or JavaScript code.

• Keywords in any part of a listing that aren't related to the item you're selling. Here are some examples:

• If you're selling a shirt, the title can't say "Nike shirt size M – shoes, hat, shorts."

• If you're selling an MP3 player, the listing description can't have keywords like "purse, shoes, baseball hat, DVD, toys, cell phone," etc.

• Words with question marks (such as "carved wood dresser – antique?"). If you're not sure about a detail, don't call it out at all because doing so can be misleading.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Counterfeit.

The tags, logo, paper hangtag & tissue paper are all incorrect.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@zylor4200 wrote:

Most of the time we cannot authenticate here, try taking it to an authorized seller of those ties. What would make you think it was a replica?

Actually most designer brands posted here can be authenticated as there are many brand experts on this board.

As to taking it to an authorized seller...most don't know squat about authenticating and many times it against policy for a sales associate to do so.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

luxgods

You might want to read the above post about Key Word Spamming. It would be to your benefit for sure.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

One of the LV helpers here - the others are correct, it's fake. Normally I wouldn't comment on RTW unless I was absolutely sure, which I am. I'm sure if Jsales views this post, she'll say the same (she is another trusted LV helper). 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Dr. Martin Luther King
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Just saw this post and am getting sea sick looking at it. Sorry. Contact your seller.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Yes, agreed.. The stitching and lines don't line up as well. All of their products will be perfectly even.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

All of their products will be perfectly even.

With respect, you need to be very careful about statements like that. Although it's probably true about ties, it's not true about their luggage, bags and smalls. They do their best to align LV's etc. but they're not going to waste material either and most of us who have shopped the boutiques have seen plenty of misaligned product and some off stitching over the years and the vintage licensed pieces aren't even close as far as "perfectly even" goes. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I'll just throw in my 2 cents. As the others said, this tie isn't even close to being authentic LV. Get a refund!
Message 13 of 13
latest reply