cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genuine Coach Bag removed

I've had my listing ended because they said it's counterfeit.  Now, I'm suspended for 7 days.  Been selling since 1999 and have over 11,000 successful transactions with 100% positive.  Never had this happen before.  And it turns out the bag is genuine.  

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I did post photos.  And I've read a lot of stuff.  Seems like this board may be the only place to get a bag authenticated.  But some of you are a bit harsh, I think.  Like this last sentence stings a bit....

If you are honest enough to want the truth, POST PHOTOS. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 19 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Actually you got suspended because you relisted an item that eBay removed.

If you hadn't done that, you wouldn't have been suspended.

Who took down the listing?

If it was a VERO takedown, their contact information would have been included in the email you received, and you have to have their permission to relist, so you contact them.

If it was eBay, then a trusted eBay member, who is allowed to Vet the Category believes it is fake, and they will take that person's word over yours, and if that was the case, you cant relist it.

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

That's not true at all. This bag was listed for the first time and never removed by eBay in the past. I sell for other people and just got this item and listed it for the first time last week. The owner said it was purchased at Nordstrom years ago. I had the bag looked at before I listed it because although eBay is totally filled with fakes, I know after 17 years of selling what's allowed and not. I wouldn't have listed the bag if I didn't think it was genuine.
Message 3 of 36
latest reply

BTW the little Coach pouch that eBay said was fake back in February is an item that a friend purchased on eBay. So, go figure how somebody could sell a fake and then when somebody else listed it, it was determined to be non-authentic. I'm so puzzled by all this. Spent a couple of hours on the phone today and according to the "team member" that I spoke to in the Philippines, "the machine", which I imagine means the system, can't be changed one a 7 day suspension is in force.
Message 4 of 36
latest reply

@cobalt50 wrote:

I've had my listing ended because they said it's counterfeit.  Now, I'm suspended for 7 days.  Been selling since 1999 and have over 11,000 successful transactions with 100% positive.  Never had this happen before.  And it turns out the bag is genuine.  

@cobalt50

Since your listing has been removed, I can't see it but I found a cache of a listing for a bag with D6J as the first part of the serial number. If that's the listing that was removed, ebay did the right thing. The bag was fake but of course, you shouldn't just accept my word for it.

I recommend you post pictures of your bag and creed on the fashion board for other Coach experts to look at and advise.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/fashion

You stated:

That's not true at all. This bag was listed for the first time and never removed by eBay in the past. I sell for other people and just got this item and listed it for the first time last week. The owner said it was purchased at Nordstrom years ago. I had the bag looked at before I listed it because although eBay is totally filled with fakes, I know after 17 years of selling what's allowed and not. I wouldn't have listed the bag if I didn't think it was genuine.

I don't know who "looked at the bag" before you listed it because I don't think they were expert! Whether you would have listed it if you "didn't think it was genuine," that's irrelevant. You have to KNOW items are authentic!

You stated:

BTW the little Coach pouch that eBay said was fake back in February is an item that a friend purchased on eBay. So, go figure how somebody could sell a fake and then when somebody else listed it, it was determined to be non-authentic. I'm so puzzled by all this. Spent a couple of hours on the phone today and according to the "team member" that I spoke to in the Philippines, "the machine", which I imagine means the system, can't be changed one a 7 day suspension is in force.

I googled and found a scribble multi colored wristlet. Is that the fake that was removed in February? It too is fake.

@cobalt50, it's YOUR account, your reputation and your integrity that are at stake. You can't trust people to be honest with you when they want you to sell fakes for them.

As a seller, it's your responsibility to verify authenticity before listing items and you didn't do that.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

If it was eBay, then a trusted eBay member, who is allowed to Vet the Category believes it is fake, and they will take that person's word over yours

Seriously? Where is the policy on this?

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

None of the people I sell for would ever intentionally ask me to sell any unauthentic.  People receive gifts or buy things they thnk are genuine.  I am finding that it's sometimes very hard to tell reall from fake.  That must be the case because at this very moment, eBay is full of Coach fakes and many designer items that are faux.  Check out the Tory Burch items listed.  Especially jewelry.  

I realize that my account is my responsibility.  I haven't been selling for 17 years with over 11,000 happy buyers because I'm a fraud and don't care.  I just wish that it was fair out there.  I sell misc. items.  I never know what people will bring me next.  Could be a toy soldier or a piece of jewelry.....an agate chess set or a Steinbach smoker.....I don't often have time to do extensive research on things, but I do use eBay for research.  Guess that can be misleading because the eBay police don't have the time to check out everything.  So, sellers squeak by with fakes every hour.

I won't be selling any designer items unless they are new with tags, have receipts or provinence.  And I guess that means no vintage Coach bags, ever.

Thanks, all for your time to comment.

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

@cobalt50 wrote:

None of the people I sell for would ever intentionally ask me to sell any unauthentic.  People receive gifts or buy things they thnk are genuine.  I am finding that it's sometimes very hard to tell reall from fake.  That must be the case because at this very moment, eBay is full of Coach fakes and many designer items that are faux.  Check out the Tory Burch items listed.  Especially jewelry.  

I realize that my account is my responsibility.  I haven't been selling for 17 years with over 11,000 happy buyers because I'm a fraud and don't care.  I just wish that it was fair out there.  I sell misc. items.  I never know what people will bring me next.  Could be a toy soldier or a piece of jewelry.....an agate chess set or a Steinbach smoker.....I don't often have time to do extensive research on things, but I do use eBay for research.  Guess that can be misleading because the eBay police don't have the time to check out everything.  So, sellers squeak by with fakes every hour.

I won't be selling any designer items unless they are new with tags, have receipts or provinence.  And I guess that means no vintage Coach bags, ever.

Thanks, all for your time to comment.

I hope you realize that many fakes of recent styles also come with fake tags that can look genuine. And receipts can be faked too, which is why Ebay doesnt accept them as proof of authenticity. 

The only real "provinance" on items like Coach is if you yourself personally bought them from a Coach store, the Coach dot com website, or from one of the major department stores that are Coach's official retail partners, and once in a while a fake can slip through there too when someone buys a genuine purse and returns a fake with the genuine purses receipt and the fake gets put back in stock. Google the word "Loukpeach" for example.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 8 of 36
latest reply

You can sell designer items. Just verify authenticity here or other purse forums for items you didn't personally buy from an authorized reseller, i.e., the designer's own store or their department store partners.
albertabrightalberta

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

I called Coach today and the person who answered verified that the serial number D6J-5266 was assigned to a Beekman bag, the production of which began in 1991.  So, now that I know that, is the bag real?  Do the eBay Coach Police just stop listings based on serial numbers?  I just searched Beekman bags on eBay and most sellers don't take closeups of the serial numbers.  And when listing, either avoid giving the serial numbers or just give the 5266 portion.  I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but I'm trying to learn.

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

@cobalt50 wrote:

I called Coach today and the person who answered verified that the serial number D6J-5266 was assigned to a Beekman bag, the production of which began in 1991.  So, now that I know that, is the bag real?  Do the eBay Coach Police just stop listings based on serial numbers?  I just searched Beekman bags on eBay and most sellers don't take closeups of the serial numbers.  And when listing, either avoid giving the serial numbers or just give the 5266 portion.  I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but I'm trying to learn.

The information you received is EXACTLY why we advise against going to Coach (or calling Coach) for verification of authenticity.

Style 5266 is a Beekman (when it's on an authentic bag) but the prefix on your bag, D6J is invalid. (And had the Coach employee been trained in the translation of serial numbers, she'd have immediately recognized D6J as being invalid.)

The prefix of your bag indicates that the bag would have been made in 1996. The creed stated that it was made in the US but the "J" plant code on bags is a Chinese plant and wasn't in operation in 1996. And even if it were in operation in 1996, the contradictory plant code vs. text would have been indicative of a fake.

@cobalt50-- As I recommended on April 5 in post 5, you should post pictures of your bag and creed for other Coach experts to comment.

albertabrightalberta

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

Agree with "alberta".  Calling Coach's 800 number is a total waste of time unless you're buying a new bag.  The people who answer the phones at Coach are NOT experts and cannot authenticate ANYTHING and are not supposed to authenticate anything.

Because a style number exists in their database means nothing.  The same style number has probably been used by every counterfeiter in existence.

If you want to know if a bag is authentic…post good photos here or at the PurseForum and you'll get an accurate answer.

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

@!!-spike-!!

Pictures are posted here: Authentic Coach Beekman?

albertabrightalberta

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

I need a typing class.  D6J-5266.  So, the peple on these boards are probably more knowledgeable than a person answering the phone at Coach who just looks at a lis.

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

Yes, they are without a doubt more knowledgeable.  I don't sell Coach or any high end brands for that matter but if I did, I  would pay atttention to what alberta, spike,  and fashionclubgurl say and not some person that answers the phone at Coach.

These three ladies that take their time to post here to help sellers protect their accounts know their stuff.

photo bats.gif
Message 15 of 36
latest reply