cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designer Jeans, strange email

I recieved an email, new user id, stating that they owned the Moschino company and wanted to know where the pants were purchased. I directed them to the photo of the tag in the listing and now they want to see "documentation of this." 

Does anyone know if this is how a company would contact and handle this kind of situation? I had always heard different stories, but i have not been around the boards lately.

Should I pull the listing? Ignore the emails?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

i'd say yes they were purchased.

and that would be enough, if they can have it pulled, they will....so til then leave it and don't worry.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for your response. In the past I had heard of stories where sellers were given a black mark against their acount when listings were pulled, I want to avoid that if I can. I guess the emails just seem fishy to me.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

They may or may not represent the company. Or they may just be trying to intimidate you.

If you know (100%) that the pants are authentic, you have no worries. First sale doctrine allows you to resell any genuine item that you've procured legally. You do NOT have to have the company's permission nor do you have to be an "authorized" distributor, though there are some companies that will have you believe that.

If they do misuse their VeRO rights and have your listing(s) removed, you have recourse.

(Is Moschino even faked?!?!?)
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hi Alberta

Thank you for your response. I did not have these authenticated, but I do believe they are real. I just did not think they were a highly faked item. The email did say that they needed to make sure I was authorized by the trademark owner to sell the product.

Is this the usual way that sellers are contacted about vero? Do you know anyone that authenticates this brand? Or should I just pull the listing and let some time pass.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Are you sure that the message came from them? Is it in your ebay messages or is it possible a spam message just in your email?

If you know items are authentic, you can resell, PERIOD. You don't need their permission.

And no, it's not usual for VeRO reps to contact sellers directly. If an item is infringing, the VeRO rep submits a report (generic name DMCA takedown request) to ebay and ebay would remove the listing.

I've never heard of sellers being contacted directly by a rep though there are a few "shark" lawyers who seek out sellers who may not know their brands, threaten them with lawsuits and extort payments from them. It doesn't sound like that's who contacted you.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

That message has the ebay ID of the user that sent it to you.

Check the ID and see if they might not be a seller of Moschino.

I personally would ignore the email & put the sender on my blocked buyer list.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Hi

Thanks for the responses. It came through ebay messages and the user id is brand new, created on 6/19/2017 in Italy. Same place the jeans are made.

I just cant imagine that there would be that kind of competion on these pants, there are many similar ones listed.

I'm thinking I may end the listing and let some time go by.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hello

Thanks for the vero info, i was wondering how that happens. I know it can't be good for your account to have that on it. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply