cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach purse

I was given an authentic Coach Purse for Christmas. I was going to return it but when I got around to it, it was past the return timeframe. I thought I would just use it - but I haven't. I listed the item for sale yesterday and it was removed last night. Someone suggested I post to the fashion board before I figure out how to appeal.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Coach purse

@corritaip-0 wrote:

Thanks again for your help. So in order to appeal - a third party must authenticate? Oh man... not sure the purse is even worth all this frustration! Lol 

Is there a phone number in the takedown message? Can you call and possibly refer them to this thread? Generally, board posts aren't accepted as proof of authenticity but of late, there have been multiple threads discussing unwarranted removals of authentic items.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Coach purse

Why EXACTLY were you told that it was removed? we need to know how the takedown notice was worded before we can advise you. Did you show the tags and receipt in this listing just like in the black wristlet you have for sale?

Im no expert on newer items but yours look genuine.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Coach purse

Thanks for responding. I do not have the original receipt for that purse any longer. Wish I would have kept it now! I did not have as many pictures as I do for the wristlet as I went back in and added those pictures as I was worried they would remove that as well. Here is what they said in the email:

Your listing has been removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item

Hello corritaip-0,
After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following action:
- Listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).
The listing that was removed appeared to violate eBay policy. Please remember that you are responsible for the quality and authenticity of the products that you offer on eBay. It is against eBay policy to list any counterfeit items.

For more information please see our Replica, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

If you have more questions, contact our policy experts:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=1336&=PTB1208

- Limited selling history%crlf%

Please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations could result in the suspension of your account.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Coach purse

@corritaip-0 wrote:

I was given an authentic Coach Purse for Christmas. I was going to return it but when I got around to it, it was past the return timeframe. I thought I would just use it - but I haven't. I listed the item for sale yesterday and it was removed last night. Someone suggested I post to the fashion board before I figure out how to appeal.

Hi @corritaip-0

I'm glad you found your way here but I'm sorry about the circumstances.

Well, congratulations, ebay! You're still removing authentic items and it's really getting frustrating!

To the OP, I have a couple of comments.

1. I'm guessing that the red flags were raised because you're a new seller without a proven history of selling, particularly selling highly faked branded items.

2. Although tags and receipts don't necessarily prove authenticity because both can be faked and/or both can be used to "prove" authenticity of fakes, when combined with other definitive pictures of a genuine item, they help give the seller credibility.

3. Because the item IS absolutely 100% authentic, that listing was removed improperly and should be appealed. I use authenticate4u to authenticate Coach items and would submit their PDF document to ebay to appeal. If you choose this route, you also should call ebay and make sure they remove the ding from your account because you did not violate their policy!

4. Once documentation is submitted for appeal, they should give you a green light to relist. But don't relist until such time that you've received permission.

Another suggestion if you are unhappy and gunshy about listing on ebay is to return it. I'm not sure why you believe you're past the return timeframe because AFAIK, Coach doesn't have an expiration date on its return policy. That applies to outlet items also, of which your bag is one.

There are more than enough fakes to be removed than for some unknowledgeable person to spend time reporting authentic items and for ebay to act on those inaccurate reports!

albertabrightalberta

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Coach purse

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@corritaip-0 wrote:

Hi @corritaip-0

I'm glad you found your way here but I'm sorry about the circumstances.

Well, congratulations, ebay! You're still removing authentic items and it's really getting frustrating!

To the OP, I have a couple of comments.

1. I'm guessing that the red flags were raised because you're a new seller without a proven history of selling, particularly selling highly faked branded items.

2. Although tags and receipts don't necessarily prove authenticity because both can be faked and/or both can be used to "prove" authenticity of fakes, when combined with other definitive pictures of a genuine item, they help give the seller credibility.

3. Because the item IS absolutely 100% authentic, that listing was removed improperly and should be appealed. I use authenticate4u to authenticate Coach items and would submit their PDF document to ebay to appeal. If you choose this route, you also should call ebay and make sure they remove the ding from your account because you did not violate their policy!

4. Once documentation is submitted for appeal, they should give you a green light to relist. But don't relist until such time that you've received permission.

Another suggestion if you are unhappy and gunshy about listing on ebay is to return it. I'm not sure why you believe you're past the return timeframe because AFAIK, Coach doesn't have an expiration date on its return policy. That applies to outlet items also, of which your bag is one.

There are more than enough fakes to be removed than for some unknowledgeable person to spend time reporting authentic items and for ebay to act on those inaccurate reports!

Alberta, Im pretty sure Coach now has a 30-day return policy on both full-price and outlet items. Their website says "If for any reason you are not satisfied, please return the item to us within 30 days of purchase in its original condition for a refund in the original form of payment or an exchange."

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Coach purse

@fashionclubgurl wrote:

Alberta, Im pretty sure Coach now has a 30-day return policy on both full-price and outlet items. Their website says "If for any reason you are not satisfied, please return the item to us within 30 days of purchase in its original condition for a refund in the original form of payment or an exchange."

Thanks, fashionclubgurl. I didn't realize they'd changed their policy.

albertabrightalberta

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Coach purse

Thanks again for your help. So in order to appeal - a third party must authenticate? Oh man... not sure the purse is even worth all this frustration! Lol 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Coach purse

@corritaip-0 wrote:

Is there a phone number in the takedown message? Can you call and possibly refer them to this thread? Generally, board posts aren't accepted as proof of authenticity but of late, there have been multiple threads discussing unwarranted removals of authentic items.

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Coach purse

Thank you!!! I called ebay and they allowed me to relist my purse! Hopefully with the additional description and pictures it does not get removed this time!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Coach purse

@corritaip-0 wrote:

Thank you!!! I called ebay and they allowed me to relist my purse! Hopefully with the additional description and pictures it does not get removed this time!

Did you get an email letting you know it's okay to relist? The reason I ask is that callers have been given bad advice when they call. (There are times when callers are told by ebay employees that if they admit it's fake or list without the brand name, they can do it. AND THAT"S WRONG!)

albertabrightalberta

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Coach purse

No email. I directed him to this thread and he told me if I add description and pictures I can relist. I clarified that with him and also took his name- I added a lot of detail to the listing- I hope nothing else happens!!! Ugh 😞 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Coach purse

Unfortunately I would recommend that you call customers support again.    This time ask for an SR number for your case.

That way if someone at eBay takes the purse down again, you can call and ask the rep to reference that SR number.    If necessary the rep or a team leadership superviser can listen to the recording of your call.

You can tell them that you took eBay's advice and relisted the purse as per their instructions.    Don't forget to say, that you want any strike(s) against your account removed.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Coach purse

This is just amazing.

I'm just about to list my Coach bag, similar to that listed by corritaip-0, also in brown logo print.

It's now in my draft file and taking more photos of the bag.

Don't know if worthwhile sharing what I have but I am now wary of listing it.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply