AWESOME NEWS Ebay Authenticate

Amazing new program check it out!!

http://pages.ebay.com/authentication/?rmvSB=true

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: AWESOME NEWS Ebay Authenticate

That's great news. It will save a lot of sellers and buyer headaches.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

@lex-talon I think so ... my only thing is why wait for the authentication after the sale... I would like it to be BEFORE the sale... before you list it

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

I wonder which company/companies they'll be using. Some are good but others are awful!
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta  I was looking forward to your reply since you are soo great authenticating the  handbags that we get here on the boards! and I trust your opinion and how much you know 🙂

Thank you for posting!

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

I am going to need more information.

Who will do the authenticating? Will they be hiring people off the street and give them a list of things to look for or will it be people with years of experience looking for the little details that are important.

How much is this going to cost? Who pays shipping there and back? Something like a large handbag could cost $15 shipping each way on top of whatever they charge for the service itself.

I was under the impression that the item would have to be shipped to Ebay for authentication. Who pays for the shipping there and back? who is going to pay the double the money back? The seller? Ebay?

What happens to an item that Ebay deems fake?Is something that is deemed fake by a person who may or may not have experience in the brand get destroyed? What kind of appeal process will a seller have?

Does Ebay take responsibility for the condition of the item once they open the package, inspect it and repackage it to send to a buyer like they do with GSP? (How many sellers complain now about things getting lost or broken at the GSP center?)

This sounds like a good program, but honestly I do not have enough confidence in Ebay being able to pull it off.

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

This program will be very fun to try out once it is laynched.

I wonder how much the fee is...10%? 50% Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

https://bio.link/langs
Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Seriously...Ebay is going to HIRE people to "authenticate" items?  

I want to know WHO these people ARE and what expertise they have.

In the meantime, I'll just purchase items based on my own ability to decide if it's authentic...like Ive done since 1998.

Ridiculous move!!!

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

After bring here since 1998 and having a few run ins with eBay, where their VERO dept falsely accused me of selling fakes (had invoices from their own distributor!) ......I know NOT to trust them. 

Ebay is known to be decidedly pro buyer, will this new group be pro buyer (everything is fake) too?

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

I remember when Gucci Vero took down thousands of authentic listings. That was a huge mess.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

I've had takedowns from tech companies (dumb enough to make accusations with out even a test buy! Just guessing on their part).

But, being that VERO, NRGinternational, and bravoeye all make money for eBay - when they know the takedowns are fake - instill ZERO confidence in me that this scheme will work!
Message 11 of 29
latest reply

@mupcycledcouture wrote:

I remember when Gucci Vero took down thousands of authentic listings. That was a huge mess.

Ugh! I remember that fiasco too! They took down 1 of my Gucci listings. It ended up getting reinstated but not before causing a serious headache!

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Mup, Many of your questions are answered in the link Patty provided. It seems like they are still working on the price of the service tho. 

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

None of the questions I had were answered through the link.

In fact the only thing that link provides is an idea with a rah-rah behind it, trying to get us excited about the possibility of a program.

I think it is irresponsible for Ebay to even put this out without more information. To much missing information.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Did ebay fire all their lawyers or did they just all quit over the holidays and some maroon in a corner office thought this up after they left?

How exactly is ebay going to tell rights owners who can authenticate their product? Are they gonna get Title 17 amended to say 'except ebay'?

To say I'm flabbergasted is an understatement.

Message 15 of 29
latest reply