eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
ebay's shipclaim insurance

I sent an item with usps through the checkout feature.  Included insurance which looks like it is through ebay's shipclaim service.  I saw that the delivery confirmation number shows that it was shipped but the buyer says that it was stolen off of his porch.  I would like for him to be able to get reimbursed because it was stolen.

However it does not look like there is much of an option for stolen items  Just damaged and lost, but it was delivered based on the tracking number.  How do I go about helping the buyer?

Other Answers: 5
Community Member
Answered
in reply to petergriffinfan
I really don't know what to do .I have been trying to contact ebay and insurance a few time only one answer .I bought a pair shoes never had them the reason I don't know and the seller doesn't know either I paid for them full price I am still waiting for the shoes or a full refund this just over the top I don't know how much longer this is going to take ..
Community Member
Answered

I just had the same issue arise . Tracking shows package was delivered . It was insured . Buyer says she never received it and it could have been stolen as she has heard this has been happening in her city . While I feel for her , I don't want to receive negative feedback for something that wasn't my fault .

You guys with the answers - what do you do in a case like this ?

I did inform her the package was insured and would help any way possible with filing a claim if that was possible . She did state she had already contacted the PO about filing a claim .I asked her to keep me informed -

*lady*madonna*
Community Member
Answered

If the tracking shows the item was delivered, then you do not have to refund. How do you know for a fact that it was stolen off their porch? Do not refund. The fact that it was stolen off their porch is their problem. The buyer should talk to their local P.O. and ask that items not be left on the porch. Also if it was an expensive item, they can contact their local law enforcement, and maybe even their homeowner's insurance company.

*There will be an answer, Let It Be.*
entropii
Community Member
Answered

Tell the buyer in addition that it is his job to make sure packages are not left on his porch, simply by putting a permanent sign there for all carriers.

johnsattic
Community Member
Answered

Shipping Insurance includes damage or loss in transit, the buyers homeowner's insurance should cover something stolen off his porch, they will want to see a police report.

If the item sold for less than $250.00 including shipping this is the buyers problem, not yours, you have fulfilled your end of the bargain by getting it to his address and having proof of that.

Wish my fingers would pay closer attention to what I spell correctly.