eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Dropped off pckg to USPS but they never scanned it & customer never got it

Can someone please give me some advice?

I had a $150 item that I sold. I printed the label at home via Parcel Post with insurance. I went to the Post Office and as I was in line one of the employees at the counter said that anyone dropping off could just leave it there on the counter next to her. I had a todderl who was out of control so I did it. There were numerous other packages on the counter too so I figured it was fine. I walked out. This was on May 8th.

My customer has still not received the item and the tracking info says that the USPS was electronically notified to expect the package. So basically it only shows that I purchased the label. So I went into the P.O and the Supervisor told me there is nothing they can do. She agreed that their allowing customers to drop off packages on the counter to speed along the line is a bad practice but that it is something they will not stop doing. She also suggested it got stolen after I walked away but who knows if it was another customer or an employee.

I requested they review their tapes from that day and see that I dropped it off and see what happened to it after I walked out the door but they wont do it. Now I figure my best bet is to file an insurance claim but how will they ever be willing to approve it if there is no proof that I dropped it off?

Can anyone please give me some advice? I would like to get some advice before I file a claim.

Thank you in advance...

Please use plain text.
jacobsghost
Community Member

Re: Dropped off pckg to USPS but they never scanned it & customer never got it

in reply to scrappybride

refund your buyer

Guard Against The Imposturers Of Pretended Freedom
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Dropped off pckg to USPS but they never scanned it & customer never got it

in reply to scrappybride