cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unacceptable customer service

I bought an Ipad from vendor Blinq that was advertised as refurbished for $313.09. I was sent a used ipad. I contacted Blinq- they assured me if I returned the used item and bought the refurbished one for $343.09, I would be refunded the $29 difference. They later reneged on their promise. I contacted Ebay to intercede and sent proof of the listing, Blinq's assurance of refund and then their refusal. Ebay supervisor Jason said Ebay would demand the difference from Blinq but asked I wait the 3 days for Blinq to respond. Three days later, I had to re-explain the entire situation to yet another Ebay supervisor, Lawrence, who then reneged on Ebay's promise to get me the refund. I returned all items, received full refunds for both items and will now delete both my Ebay and Blinq accounts. Ebay customer service, while polite and professional, was unacceptable-- I feel I was just told what i want to hear at the time. Let the buyer beware-- Ebay and Blinq are not on your side.

Monica 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

unacceptable customer service

repairelectronics
Trailblazer
First, naming the seller in your post is a violation of forum rules, your post may be deleted if the mods see it.

Second, looking at your seller's feedback should have immediately stopped you from dealing with them, 98% for that large of a company is very bad.

Lastly, eBay did exactly what they were supposed to do as outlined by the MBG and that was to get all your money back, eBay can not force a partial refund only the seller can do that.

The difference between "Seller Refurbished" and "Used" is deceptive and pretty much mean the same thing, if it said "Factory Refurbished" that would be better but it is still used.

What you should have done when you found the item to not match the description was to open a "not as described " case with eBay, the seller would have been mandated to send you a prepaid return label, once tracking showed the item was received back you would have been refunded immediately.

Unfortunately, you found out too late that eBay's customer service can be a bit lacking, the first rep should have known better than to offer you a partial refund, though it sounds like they said they would only ask the seller to it. If the seller won't comply willingly with a partial then all eBay can do is refund in full - which is what they ultimately did.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply