cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shady seller decieved me

make sure you tripple check on what you are bidding on as far as a used electronic gadget especially computer devices of all types. this seller switched out a fully functionabe 7" samsung galaxy 3 when i wasnt watching and replaced with a non working device and get this, starting bid was $15.99 that in itself says that i was bidding on a fully functionable device up for auctioning. anyways the shady seller figure wasnt banking as hoped for. the auction closed at starting bid. ebay look around at all the compitition piling up. ebay customers may pull out in boycot mode.....ya never know!!!! best regards to all JAKE

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

shady seller decieved me

What exactly happened, and when was the period when you weren't watching?

Sellers are not allowed to revise a listing after it's received a bid; they can only add to it.

If you bookmarked/watched the item before it was described as broken, then later bid on it after the item was revised, there's a chance you could have been looking at a cached version of the page, or simply missed the change. In either case, you should contact eBay about retracting your bid. 

There are few instances in which it's reasonable to list an item as working, then change it to not working. The only one I can think of is if the item is broken or discovered to be broken during the auction.

$16 for a tablet/phone tells me there's something wrong with it.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply