cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do, when I know a seller is misrepresenting a item?

I found a electronic/radio item that I know a great deal about.  When questioning the seller about the item, they change the description.  I know this item is not as described, and not tested in anyway as to it's functionality.  That they claim is just fine!  I do not want some other e-bay'er to get burned.  This seller has a top rated plus/me standing and perfect 100% feedback.

I have never experienced something like this, clearly the seller has no idea about the item they are selling. They might be one of those estate sale liquidators.......

What to do?...........

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If the seller changed the description, maybe you should just move on...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If the seller changed the description, maybe you should just move on...

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

"     What to do?........"

You move on with your life,

Buyers have the eBay Money Back Guarantee to protect them.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Block that member, warn your friends, and proceed to enjoy your life.

eBay knows nothing about electronics. They will tell you that you're interfering with the listing if you're not the buyer. 

It sucks, I know.. but you can't prosecute stupidity, and the seller can always claim incompetence.

You say that light flashes because the XYZ-10 controller inside has died and needs replacing, and they say that it's flashing because there's no compensation widget connected and it'll work just fine when installed. eBay has no idea what either of you are talking about and will rely on buyer protection policies.

I buy a lot of vintage Casio synthesizers. I see them all the time with obvious signs of battery leakage corrosion, and when I point it out to sellers who have listed items as "everything is great," they almost always reply very angrily to mind my own business and reiterate that the synth works.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Buyers have all protection. Sellers don't. Sellers are getting screwed on this site and it shows it.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

YOU don't buy it

and you mind you're business... That is the sellers responsibility, and unless YOU have actually tested it yourself, YOU can't 100% say it wasn't.... so in this case...you maybe right, but all you can do is express your concerns to seller and not buy it....

and any buyer can open a "not as described case" and return it...seller will pay shipping...so if the seller is taking a chance knowingly ..then what can you do? nothing really.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply