cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAM

About two months ago I bought an electric guitar ESP LDT KH-602 from phantom forty eight after reading about the guitar very carefully and made sure the guitar is brand new of course, I even asked the seller if the guitar is brand new like in the item description and he says yes, a 100% brand new, so I decided to buy the guitar. After I payed him everything in one payment $899 plus the $60 or so shipping ( soon you'll understand why the shipping is not so high) I waited and I was so excited to get it already. When I got the message to come the guitar from the post office I needed to pay 17% tax for the $899 plus the shipping so I payed, I knew I need to pay and I was okay with that.

When I got home I took the guitar out of the box, the box was closed and was no damaged or anything.

After I took the guiatr out I saw that the guitar has pretty serious cracks on the back and scratches on the front wich I couldn't see on the pichtures because the seller logo was on it. I sent the seller a message and he tried to give me all kind of excuses and when he understood I'm very serious about it and I'm not going to leave it and forget it and do nothing he offered me $200 but I didn't axxept that and I told him what I think is going on here so he offered me $500 refund or full refund if I bring him back the guitar the same condition I got it. I still didn't play the guitar so all I know the guitar has some scatches and cracks. so I thought about it and didn't agree right away because it was weird, why would he offer me $500 I mean that's a very nice refund for some cracks and scratches so after thinking about I decided to agree because I didn't want to send him back the guitar and lose money on the tax which is about with the shipping $180 which is a lot of money especially if you live in another country, I live in Israel. Apparently the full refund is not included the tax I payed.

So after he refunded me $500 without even refund the tax on the $500 I played the guitsr and it was okay but acouple of day I noticed that the neck and bridge pick up doesn't work very well and sometimes doesn't work at all. Maybe he thought that I'm from another country so I can't and won't do anithing about it.? I don't know. Is there anything I can do about it? I bought the guitar about 2 months ago. I added some pichture so you can see some of the damage because you can't see the pick up that doesn't work. Look at the last pic s-l1600 you can see that the O of the phntom doesn't let you the scratches. And that's why the seller didn't even have pichtures of the back of the guitar because he didn't want people to see the damages on the guitar.

Do you think it was a scam? Because I can't think of any other word for what he did.

I hope there is something I can do about it but if not I just wanted that people will hear my story and be careful when they buy online especially when you pay good money and be careful of this seller phantom forty eight.

Pay attention to every little detail when you buy online, as questions before you buy and as for more pichtures so you can see the whole item you buy and not just part of it. Be very careful even if a seller has good feedback.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

SCAM

repairelectronics
Trailblazer
I couldn't find this guitar on your sellers completed list except for one that sold 2 weeks ago for $600. Be aware that naming your seller in your post will get it edited or deleted when a moderator sees it.

They seem to be a good seller and I would have bought from them as well. How was the packaging - you say the box had no damage but was the guitar able to slide around inside the box?

Your problem is beyond my help and may be best to repost this in the Shipping & Returns forum. They may suggest a PayPal return as you have 180 days to do one but you will have to pay return shipping.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/bd-p/shipping-returns-db
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

SCAM

The package wasin a good condition and I know how to recognize a second hand guitar.

If I'll return the guitar then I won't have to pay the shipping because I read about it and if the item is broken or not what I ordered then the seller has to pay for the shipping back.

I had to put the seller name on my add because I don't care how you look at it, it's a scam.

He sold me a second hand guiatr in a bad condition and I lost money because because I payed him more. I thought I can trust him because he has good feedback and back then it seemed like he is a good seller but unfortunately he sold me a broken guitar. If ebay will make me to take off his name from my add then there are many other ways to put his name all over the internet. I know lots of great people in the music industry that help me to publish his name on Facebook and all over the internet.

I hate to do those things but he wasn't honest with me.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

SCAM

I'm not discounting what you say is not true, just that more details get better advice. As far as eBay's MBG with prepaid return shipping on a defective item goes it needs to be filed within 30 days of delivery, and there is still some conjecture on how it works between different countries.

If you post in the Shipping & Returns forum they will likely ask the same questions, however, this is the electronics forum and if you had a technical question someone may have been able to help.

Also, the electronics forum get very little views from the people who are experts in the problems that you are having, which is why I suggested re-posting your problem over there.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

SCAM

Okay thank you! The only reason I posted it here is because I didn't know where to post that you know and I thought elctric guitar, electronics you know? Thanks again. I'll repost that on shipping and returns.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply