cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Internet Streaming Player

Let's talk about Roku.    There is a reason Roku is selling for a price it is.  I used to sell the streamer player on here.  No more.

Buyers need some info.  If you look at all the listings on this site you will get what info that the seller is giving you. 

IMHO  sellers aren't telling the whole story about the item.   Some sellers we spoke to their fime.  Well then if you sell something and something is wrong and the buyer is totally for ebay good luck with the feedback.  In other words how are you supposed to sell an item you don't know about. 

Some just want to sell and others don't care.

Look out sellers for misleading shipping costs from ebay.  How is it that ebays shipping is only about $6-$7?  So lets say you're on either coast and want to ship to buyers.   The cost is going to be around $9- $15.  UPS charges $15- $30.  That is a loss.   Shipping labels to be printed.  Not so fast.  The shipping boxes could be $2- $4,   So think about it.  You sell it for less than market value you're not really making any money. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi whatzonyourmind73,

Good to know! Thanks for sharing!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I tried to use calculated shipping. I was stupid and put it on all of my items one week, thinking that buyers would want to know what they'd be paying before bidding. 

eBay was under on every single item, and I ended taking a loss overall and paying out of pocket for the honor of standing in line at UPS. I would have spent less time and made more money if I just took everything to the dumpster and threw it in.

Now I use fixed or free shipping for everything I list.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

so what is your message?

I have an older Roku model I AM Thinking of selling,it has instructions,its own box and it is really not that heavy,

I can ship it fIrst class USPS .

BUT NOT sure if anyone wants an older model.when new ones are much nifitier!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

repairelectronics
Trailblazer
Some things just don't make sense to sell online, seems used roku could be one of them with thousands for sale and several thousand more used ones sold, many for $10 with free shipping.

I'm with ke4fpb on the worth of my time and labor to set up an auction, pack and pay shipping just to clear 89 cents after fees. Luckily I live out in the country and have a burn barrel where cheap electronics get turned into fireworks when the electrolytic capacitors breach.

I always use free shipping to get preferential search engine placement (if that's a thing anymore?) I just sold 3 items, shipping costs were - 15.99oz. first-class for $5.12. another was 12oz. first-class for $3.96 and lastly one 7.0 lb. priority regional B for $9.12.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply