cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does a buyer have to open a case and request a refund, lost items?

I have been selling phones through craigslist for a few years and decided to become more active on Ebay. I am beginning to think I should end selling on ebay because the seller protection sucks against lying buyers.

How long does a buyer have to file a dispute for a phone after receiving it? Is it really 45 days from what i have been reading???!!!!! Anything could go wrong with technology after a few days of being purchased. "knock on wood" Now I am scared to list anything here again. Ebay has been making $800 a month in fees from me, it might not seem much to some but I have had returns that absolutely had no issues and buyers just wanted a refund.

Please tell me 45 days is wrong. More like 7 days to file a claim would be perfect this is ridiculous.

Another question that I have is, How can you file a claim for a phone that goes missing from the postal office. I always ship everything with insurance and signature confirmation but what do they require the seller to confirm the price of the phone? Everything that I buy is straight off good ol craigslist and i do not get any receipts for anything obviously.

Message 1 of 205
latest reply
204 REPLIES 204

Have you gotten your feedback resolved yet? I am wondering because I am in a similar situation with my first negative Smiley Sad

I sold a pre-owned wig to a buyer. I had it listed for a fixed price or best offer, and she made me an offer that I accepted. Only after the offer was accepted and the listing was closed did she start sending me messages asking about if the wig matted or was thin, etc. I replied to her with my honest, unprofessional opinions, YouTube links to see other people reviewing the wig, and even an actual photo of me wearing the wig at my college graduation. I still have the receipt in my email from when I purchased it less than a year ago; it's a $434 wig that she got for $150 because I needed the cash.

She replied that she liked how it looked in the photo I sent her and promptly paid the $150. I had it deep conditioned, packaged in the presentation box it came in, clipped with a barrette (an extra bonus, along with a brush). She waits a full 30 days to now not only ask for a full refund, but also leave me negative feedback! She could have contacted me at any point to discuss her feelings and try to resolve the issue, but she did not. She could have at least attempted resolution prior to wrecking my feedback score that has been 100% for 10 years!

I am hoping to talk to Ebay on the phone and hopefully they will see that I am a faithful Ebayer with a much longer track record and much higher feedback than her and value me as a customer/seller. I am just **bleep** at this point because I offered her a partial refund prior to seeing that she left me bad feedback, and now I don't know if I want to offer her that! I was trying to be nice and work with her because I feel bad she is disappointed and didn't want her to ruin my feedback, but I guess I should have checked my feedback prior to offering that partial refund. Now what incentive do I have to offer her a penny? She's already wrecked my feedback!

Message 106 of 205
latest reply

hi after 30 days a buyer claimed that he or she didnt recieve there package and ofcurse i contacted the post office and they told me it was cleared ,,anyway am changing my stratigy on selling on ebay because many of ebay sellers take this as a full time job ,,, am not listing expensive stuff ,,am looking for many other alternatives ,,better sites,,ebay use the jungle law on sellers ,,so i think we should stand out hard for our rights ,this should stop,, and were not gona be at the mercy of ebay policies,,were gona fight and fight hard ,,,the problem is that sellers are also greedy and ebay knows that ,,sellers should stand and help each others ,, 

Message 107 of 205
latest reply

I have an open case and e-bay said they will close it if I don't escalate it by March somthing. I tryed calling to get cut off after holding 20 min. twice. how do I get in thouch with them and thier buyer protection plan....... 

Message 108 of 205
latest reply

So i lost the USPS tracking.number, he said.he recieved it then tried to turn around and say he didn't. But.i have the email saying he recieved it. Will ebay side.with me?
Message 109 of 205
latest reply

So, in your opinion, only 5% of eBay  sellers are honest? 

Who, other than a totally NAIVE PRAT, has suspicions about an item and then goes ahead and bids on it anyway?

If you have even a modicum of doubt (or are just someone who generally distrusts everyone),

THEN DON'T BID!!!  Go away, have a word with yourself, and realise you are far too dumb for eBay!

The fact is, eBay DO tend to show a contemptuous disregard toward sellers, and a favourable bias toward

(some) people who bid on items for fun, whilst never giving a thought to "I've got to pay if I win".

I have previously sold items and awaited payment, then followed up with a request to pay;

only to receive the reply "sorry, I didn't want the item, I just wanted feedback"!

I could go on, but i'm bored now;  bored of hearing about poor little innocent "buyers" who are constantly 

mollycoddled by eBay; some of whom can actually make a decent profit from their little "I didn't receive it, or

It was damaged upon receipt, or it wasn't as described" SCAMS!

If any part of my reply is in any way confusing to the recipient; fear not!  

My next eBay listing is an Oxford English Dictionary, in very good condition,

which may be very useful to you, should you wish to post any more comments.

Oh, almost forgot;  you stated that 95% of sellers are"slackers"!

Please bid on my dictionary and look up that word, then you may discover you are not as smart as you think!

Love from sellerslacker.

Message 110 of 205
latest reply

And your boastful attitude regarding your imaginary income is relevent to who?

The site you are on, is meant for people who have genuine issues concerned with eBay

buying and selling.

This is not a dating site where big headed people visit, to blatently boast about their 

"mid six figure incomes"! 

Why not try a dating agency, and invest some of your earnings on a new TOUPEE,

mid-life crisis man.

Message 111 of 205
latest reply

EH? What the hell are you waffling about???

Try a dictionary!

Message 112 of 205
latest reply

Bleep bleep bleep bleep bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Please learn how to spell correctly.

Message 113 of 205
latest reply

Good point, well made.......screw em!!!

Message 114 of 205
latest reply

How about eBay waking up and realising the difference between National & International postage delivery times?

There is obviously a difference between local & international delivery, (regarding the time taken for delivery).

Maybe eBay should pause to reflect on this issue (if they could spare a moment during their busy schedule of 

counting their profits)! and develop a policy which takes into account, the realistic expectancy of delivery times.

Message 115 of 205
latest reply

December 8 - 22, 2014??? 

Could you possibly translate this into understandable language?

Did you mean that December is the eighth month, or the 22nd month in 2014???

D-m-  Y-n-  T-a- !

Message 116 of 205
latest reply

Absolutely correct my friend; eBay + PayPal are the biggest scam artists of the modern world!!!

Message 117 of 205
latest reply

Yeah, and lets learn to spell!!!
Message 118 of 205
latest reply

Learn to spell, and stop talking pure, unadulterated
**bleep**!
Message 119 of 205
latest reply

45 days doesn't seem like a long time to me just because sometime its taken me 30days to recieve an item

Message 120 of 205
latest reply