cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customs services and international tracking provided

HI: Why is I forced to use the service from  Pitney Bowes Inc.  when I buy item from some sellers? I don´t like that, I like to pay my taxes myself, I don´t need a service from a company like that, theyr service are verry  expensive. I will NOT BUY from a seller which force me to use  Pitney Bowes Inc. services. (or another companys like that).

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Pitney Bowes is a postage company.. they generally provide payment services for shipping packages, and would be retained by the seller. What service are you referring to?

If it's a wire transfer/money order system, the most common reasons are, 

1: Checks are only good for domestic transactions. They represent FDIC-backed US funds and are not as easy to "drop in the bank" in other countries. FDIC insurance does not count in other countries. International money orders and wire transfers make it easier and quicker for the seller to get paid and involve less risk for the seller.

2: Scam artists like wire transfers because you have no protection when sending money via wire transfer. The transfer agent's only responsibility is to take money from you and hand it to someone else, and once that's completed, they have done their job and aren't liable if you get scammed.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This is to do with the "Global Shipping Program" that eBay have suckered sellers into using in their listings. I suspect it has been sold on a basis of fear.

For buyers this is a ripoff - very costly. It provides no real advantage for the buyer at all.

Fancy an undisclosed contractor to this Pitney mob delivering your goods?

I've used a variety of eBay sites over many years, buying from the UK, Europe and USA many times with NO INCIDENCE OF BREAKAGE, NO MISSING ARTICLES, NO CUSTOMS ISSUES OR DUTY PAYABLE problems.  I've seen postage pirates rip buyers off, I've seen unexplained increases in postage cost, sometimes due to sellers inflating cost or using the most expensive option avaiable.

BUT, I've never seen eBay push anything like this GSP that now makes it too expensive to consider buying anything from the UK or USA.

I'm still seeking a justification for the expence I've paid for from this mob.

In my case; there was NO customs duty payable, NO VAT or sales tax payable, NO brokerage fees payable by me or the seller yet this PB mob, as aided and abeted by eBay, try to suggest the double the Royal Mail or USPS shipping cost to me in Australia is due to these fees and work they do to get it delivered to me. NO, IT'S A SCAM.

They [eBay and PB mob] tried to change the information in my buyer list but the stupidity is that the purchase details suggest I purchased 4 separate items rather than the actual 2. Idiots.

They do not combine items from the same seller, instead send it as separate articles. - more cost to you the buyer.

If you are bying fragile collectable goods and specify a packing method that the seller undertakes on your request and this mob get their hands on it, they repack items to suit their method of making articles small as possable at higher risk of breakage. 

The tracking info provided is less informative than what Royal Mail or USPS web sites provide at a cheaper cost.

Buy an item on USA or UK eBay sites with this Global Shipping ripoff and you find 2 paypal transactions have been deducted form your account. Good luck getting your money back if PB messes up.

Take a look at Google company reviews for this PB mob originating from business practices in the UK. 

This can all be confirmed from the numerious complaints, reviews and forum comments you can easily find doing a simple google search.

If I see Global Shipping Program in the listings I contact sellers asking if they can send via usual time proven safe and cheaper way.  If no... I will not buy. Sellers are not obliged to use this GSP.  The only 'work' they have to do is fill in a simple CN22 form [customs declaration form] that any idiot could do.

I've yet to see the sales speil thet eBay have done on sellers to use this system. 

I see the general info eBay provide to all on their 'Help' pages. This uses the 'fear' factor for the buyers and lets face it, not everyone can read past the rhetoric, faulty logic and actually THINK CLEARLY... and so, people are sold this ripoff. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply