cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeited Samsung Evo Plus 256GB cards on eBay. Don't fall for this like I did.

Hi,

I bought this Microsd card 3 or 2 days ago but didn t realize it was a counterfeit product. The guy has multiple accounts selling the very same card, with the very same pics and the very same description.

(Note that he even used the same pics, description and most of his reviewers are fake too).

After researching for a bit, I found that he bought these cards from a very well known counterfeits website

(there were some more postings, but were deleted).

Those cards are selling for $5.03 a card. The guy I bough it from sold them at $99.

If you check the backside of the package, from the seller's pics. You can check that it's a clear counterfeited product, bought from DHGate at $5.03 a card. I should ve realized this from the start.

I can't embed the pics for some reason. But you can check the backside of an original Samsung Evo Plus 256GB Microsd card, and compare yourself to the counterfeited cards.

I'll try to breakdown why these are counterfeits, from the pics (which is already crystal clear):

1. In the pics, you can check the backside of the cards being sold at $5.03 a card (I want to put emphasis that is a counterfeits website) are the exact same ones from this seller s cards.

2. On the backside it says 2015 Samsung Electronics (...) . Samsung released these 256GB cards on 2016, not 2015. If you check the backside of the package of a GENUINE Samsung Evo Plus 256GB card, you can check that this is true. They say 2016 Samsung Electronics (...).

3. And much more other reasons. The first 2 are the counterfeited products. The first one, is the counterfeited card from the seller, the second one is the one that I bought it from.

I want a total refund. I won t be paying the shipping to send this trash back. The seller will have to pay it in full.

This guy is a scammer, and knew those cards were a fake, for the obvious following reasons:

1. Has multiple accounts selling the very same card, with the very same pics and the very same description.

2. Has an incredible amount of positive reviews, all of them with the very same way of writing.

3. Both accounts are from Pennsylvania. A big coincidence. So the account belongs to the same person.

4. He started the same publication on the very same day (05/30/17).

5. HE CLEARLY BOUGHT THEM FROM The only place you can buy counterfeited 256GB Samsung Evo Plus cards from.

I want a total refund, so I can put some more money and buy a GENUINE 256Gb microsd card, not a counterfeit.

I won t be sending this trash back, unless the seller admits that he s selling counterfeits and knows it. Also, I WON T SEND THIS TRASH BACK unless the seller pays the shipping to send it back.

Also. If I DO send this trash back, I d be trafficking counterfeited items, which let me tell you is illegal, and against eBay rules. So I d rather not. I can record myself disposing this trash.

I ll be making a Paypal dispute. I want my money soon.

My very first purchase on eBay is a counterfeited product. My luck is truly outstanding.

I'll let you guys know how this goes.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Counterfeited Samsung Evo Plus 256GB cards on eBay. Don't fall for this like I did.

repairelectronics
Trailblazer

You have 30 days from receipt to open an eBay MBG case, the seller will then be required to send you a return label, once tracking shows they got it back you will be refunded - then leave appropriate feedback. If you file with PayPal you have 180 days from order date but will have to pay return shipping.

Returning what you may think is a fake is not illegal, video recording anything has never been acceptable proof by eBay. If you do not want to return it and still get a refund you must first clear that with eBay, on occasion with the right 3rd party verifiable source they may either have you return it to eBay themselves or have you destroy it.

Looking at all the completed auctions for these cards show thousand that sold for just a few dollars, mostly from China. I'm sure every one of them is fake and those people will find out soon enough that returning them to China will cost them far more than it originally cost them.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

hi friend 

I need know if you pase in the h2testw and sd insight and a1 sd bench

whats the results and back and front of this card is posible to show me 

edge is white or black ?

thank you very much 

I need look photos ?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hey, chacaly-2, This is not your thread, anyways the number you posted does not resolve, If you got a bad memory module then open an eBay MBG "not as described" case and get your money back - seller pays for return shipping too... do it within 30-days of receipt.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Just an FYI... your seller may not necessarily be a scammer. He may not have the slightest idea that counterfeits even exist. I've gotten phony memory cards from Amazon (not partner sellers... I never buy from them because they cause too many problems) and Best Buy. Sometimes wholesalers get tricked into buying fakes in lot quantities too.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

i belive i was duped also:
https://m.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-Samsung-EVO-Plus-256GB-Micro-SDXC-UHS-1-Class-10-/272726807373

seller is less than cooperative and is saying im trying to lie my way into a refund.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

How do you know the card is fake? Windows or your device may not be reliable in reporting the actual size, I use a program called "Check Flash 1.17.0"

After you verify that it is bad or fake you can send a screenshot to the seller or just open a defective item case with eBay. If these are sealed packages your seller may not know these are bad or fake and may have been duped himself.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you, I was about to buy a lot of them

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply