cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANBUS

i have bought many LED bulbs and stuff from Ebay ..everytime it says CANBUS in the ad ..

but when you get the item its NOT a CANBUS ..car say "bulb broken" ore something ells stupid info ..

so i have to put back the old bulb ..no fun att all !!! Smiley Frustrated Smiley Mad

why cant the sellers tell us the right info about the product ?? 

the byer will never bye from you again if you tell a lie !!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

CANBUS

repairelectronics
Trailblazer
You may want to search for "error free" canbus bulbs, many LED bulbs don't draw enough power to tell your onboard computer that a bulb is present. An error free LED bulb has a built in resistor to remedy that problem.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

CANBUS

every LED bulb i have looked for say Canbus ,errorfree and so on -you by it ....then when it comes home and you put it in youre car -you get the usual "lamp broken" info ...Havent bought any LED lamps from china stores that are Canbus or error fre yet !!!
the should stop lying about there products !!
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

CANBUS

The reason sellers don't provide much info is, these products are "hacks" and not really legitimate parts.

LEDs consume less power than incandescent bulbs. The power supply for the bulb notices that less power is being burned and assumes that the bulb has blown out.

"Error-free" LEDs also consume less power, but additionally, they have a resistor that wastes enough power that your car doesn't think the bulb is blown. It's kind of stupid if you think about it. The resistor turns that wasted energy into heat, just like the old bulb did; entirely negating the benefit of using an LED.

Yeah, it looks cooler, and I guess that's worth something.

CANBUS is the communication system that your car's computer uses to talk to the light fixtures. The LEDs themselves do not connect to the CANBUS network; so whether it says CANBUS or not on the LED itself doesn't make any difference. What's CANBUS is the connection between your car's computer and the module that powers the light bulbs. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply