cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best category for fixed-voltage power supplies and adapters?

Is there a category for this that makes sense? I would think that most would be in the category "consumer electronics>multipurpose batteries & power>multipurpose AC to DC adapters"

I'm mainly talking about "wall warts" and other general "power brick" type adapters adapters for 5V,9V, 12V, etc. and maybe those enclosed switching supplies with the screw terminals on the front mainly advertized for powering LED strips. However, probably 80-90% of the power supplies I see tend to end up in 3 places:

1. "cell phone & accessories>Cell phone accessories>Chargers and cradles", which seems fine for most USB-type chargers I suppose.

2. Most other types end up in "Home & Garden> Lamps, lighting, & ceiling fans>lighting parts & accessories", which only kind of makes sense, seeing as power adapters are used for a lot more than powering LED lights.

3. and the last one is "Business & industrial>Electrical and test equipment>test,measurement and inspection>signal sources&conditioning>adjustable power supplies", which to me makes NO sense at all, because I'm pretty sure "adjustable power supplies" is meant to refer to variable-voltage lab bench supplies that have a controllable output voltage with knobs/buttons on the front. 

This last one makes it really difficult to look for lab power supplies when half of the listings are just generic wall warts which are not really what I'm looking for. Should I be flagging these?

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0