cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A seller sold me a counterfeit earphone and lied to me twice

I purchased a AKG K3003i few months ago from a "POWERFUL SELLER" who has more than 1000 positive feedbacks. But recently I found it is fake, I confirmed with AKG and the authorized dealer that seller claimed he bought from. The earphone is fake, and so is the electric receipt he sent me.

I then opened a case through Paypal, this powerful seller then immediately contacted me and apologized that he would exchange me with a AUTHENTIC one and asked me to trust him and his feedbacks, said he did not intend to sell me the fake item. But he asked me to close the case first, then he would ship the exchange item. How stupid I was to trust him again, then he never respond.

I talked to Paypal and eBay about this, and was hoping them could do something to ban him from selling fake stuff, because I saw his feedbacks that he sold more than 10 K3003i constantly. However, eBay only said they will investigate it. I still see him selling stuff. What can I do?

I listed a auction to warn people not to buy earphones from him, and now I received his email (threatening) again.

here is what he said:

{ I reported you to eBay. As a powerseller I have a dedicated rep. They are about to ban you and all your connected IP addresses from eBay. This is your last chance to remove the listing}

Anyone has a idea how to respond to this? I know eBay is no help at all.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@kuanting18 wrote:

I listed a auction to warn people not to buy earphones from him, and now I received his email (threatening) again.

here is what he said:

{ I reported you to eBay. As a powerseller I have a dedicated rep. They are about to ban you and all your connected IP addresses from eBay. This is your last chance to remove the listing}

You listed this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/AKG-K3003i-From-034-sound-n-motion-034-/182535152594?hash=item2a7ff163d2%3Ag...  How long before eBay pulled it? You can't post fake listings and are lucky you didn't get suspended.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Dispute with your credit card company. Bypass both Ebay and Paypal as they will ask you to return the earphones to the seller. ***That is like returning the evidence of a crime to the criminal.*** Provide written evidence to your credit card company of the counterfeit, and you will get your money back and the fraudsters will get nothing back.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply