cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TONNER QUESTION

Anyone  have any information on what is going on with Tonner dolls?
Not seeing hardly anything new coming from Tonner at all when I visit the site.  No events either.   I have a feeling people just aren't buying and collecting like they once were able to due to financial harder times.  There may be a bit more activity with Ellowyne and Wilde Imagination, I don't know.   

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!"
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER
8 REPLIES 8

TONNER QUESTION

Hi Thrill-Seeker.  I am new to this discussion board.  Well, I should say, newly revisiting.  I had put my Wilde Imagination Collection in storage for a number of years, and I'm now pulling it all out now in order to "play with my dolls" again.  But I've kept up a little bit with WI and Tonner.  So I knew that the site pretty much subsumed Wilde Imagination.  Then I watched, as the number of dolls dwindled down to one a year, with cheaper materials for outfits.  And I heard somewhere that they stopped production of Ellowyne Wilde in 2017.   I just revisited WI and the Tonner site, and I agree with you.  It is dull, dry, and disappointing.  Not a lot of newness or fun.  Or personality.  I would also like to know what's going on.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

TONNER QUESTION

Well, this explains things..... 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

TONNER QUESTION

Thank you for the responses.   I sure do love my Tiny Kitty Collier and sad she is likely done forever now.     Also sad about Ellowyne .   Her backstory, poetry and personality are what made her so unique and fun (besides how pretty the dolls and clothes were/are).   

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

TONNER QUESTION

has been trying his hands on resins which some have come out ovely but thecosts versus the dolls is back and forth. there's one I love  but i wouldn't get her for that. I wish him well andwould be nice if he came back to the Ellowynes & worked with the designers on the bodies of the Evangelines and got them back up

There's truth in lies and lies in truth, would I lie to you???
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

TONNER QUESTION

I notice he has a couple new

Mary Astor and Jaxx.   Hopefully a good sign.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

TONNER QUESTION

I love my Ellowynes and I would like another Evangeline as I have one of her size [but Glinda] and promply broke her in the middle just by putting an earring in too hard. Would only get a resin [which I love] but I think I waited too long and they are way too expensive now. The construction of the new Evangeline bodies does not hold up to any use. I would love to see the vinyls as ball jointed as they would last and pose better. I love my American model but she is already loose and has been almost from me getting her she is too big and heavy to be jointed in the manner she is. The same with most my Els in the legs/torso area. I was estatic when they came out with the inset eyes as they are all my favorites. I will always have a place in my heart for Tonner and his crew, I don't think the World Doll Company worked out or at least there were some business snags but the idea was incredible. I know he wanted to get back to more childrens dolls but his forte is really fashion and hope he goes back to that. I think he is finding out with everyone the current economy is not standign up to the end doll and the people that want them can't afford to get them. I love my little Jun Planning Ais and their body construction should be something he thinks about in the future. They would have been the most popular dlls on the market if they didn't try to sell them at Japanese prices until they were wholesaled out. I know when he reimagined some of the older dolls he made a decision i wouldn't have which was made the body parts the same way they were originally. This is a newer age and I want my dolls completely jointed and feel most people think the same way. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

TONNER QUESTION

Tiny has her fan base and I would have jumped on the little Minx if she had been more articulated. I have drooled over her pretty little face [yes I want inset eyes] and her grogerous fashions. she so had it over the other Tyler types oh which I only love [and have] Cami and want Monica, the others have fashions to die for but don't care for them as much want to more exaggerated larger eyes

Message 9 of 9
latest reply