cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patty Playpal hair falling out??

I got a Danbury Mint Patty Playpal doll at an auction that was mint in the box. I took her out today and her hair is falling out if you touch it. Has anyone had this problem? Or know why this would happen? Thank you in advance for any help.

Cherish yesterday, Dream tomorrow, LIVE today.
-- Source Unknown
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Patty Playpal hair falling out??

@fairiedoll wrote:

I got a Danbury Mint Patty Playpal doll at an auction that was mint in the box. I took her out today and her hair is falling out if you touch it. Has anyone had this problem? Or know why this would happen? Thank you in advance for any help.

hi  i bought  ashton drake patti play pal doll  her bangs different color and fallen out just got her .

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

That's terrible. I've read on various blogs and forums that this happens with the redheads...That there's a defect in the manufacturing and the hair falls out. I've seen some already rewigged (There's a rewigged one on eBay right now with full seller disclosure - Kudos to the seller.). This defective thing on a relatively new doll disgusts me because we all have dolls...even original Patty Playpals...with their original 60 year old wigs still going strong. There is no excuse for this.

I also heard that the Ashton Drake babies "bruise" - Meaning they develop a bluish-green coloring in spots. What is up with that! I don't know if it's all the Ashton Drake dolls. To boot, apparently, the company will do nothing once the one year limited warranty has expired. That's outrageous. I say don't buy from these companies that don't deliver!

"Love All.....Trust Few.....Do Wrong To None! Wm. Shakespeare
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Yes! The auburn in the red check dress.  The auburn Pattite in the red check dress does the same thing. Also the posing Patti and the posing Marti both will come unstrung and just fall apart. 

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I thought I remembered this topic. I have been looking at the repro Pattys and the Patite on Ebay, and

wondered if they can be re-rooted.

I think I remeber seeing some that were. I don't know if I would have the patience, I always have too many

projects and need to get ready for hip surgery,.

Maybe a wig would be easier and faster and if the wigs are nice, it would be a happy ending!

Not that A-D wasn't negligent in their manufaturing.

I think they might be better now. I recently bought two

Delilahs and one had dark stains on hand and feet. I emailed A-D and they immediately

gave me a $35 refund. Other wise, I think they re-manufactured the dolls, they seem much better

than the original Delilahs. Sorry off Patty topic, but on A-D topic.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Hi,

Yep same happened to me , AD Patty Patiette different coloured dringe compared to other hair & all of fringe has fallen out :((((((

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

My husband bought me an AD reproduction Patti Playpal for Valentines Day and all of her hair fell out.  I contacted Ashton Drake and they said they do not guarantee their dolls.  Very disappointed with AD and will never purchase another one of their dolls.   Thinking about rerooting but really hate to remove the head so maybe a wig would be better.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

same with me. I contacted AD to see how the head was attached. they dont know dont care.old dolls have a metal ring. I dont want to tear it up. now she has a dark ring around her waist & neck & arm area. really disappointed with the doll.
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

same with me. clothes discolor the vinyl. i am about done with doll collecting.
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

when I fist dis clothed mine she had red blush from clothes. I washed everything & put white next to her body between clothes. the last time I disrobed her, her hair literally fell out & her body now has blue bruising around her. my old doll I purchased is in better shape for her age & being in the attic for years
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

I got the repro Saucy Walker and the same thing is happening!  Can anything be done?  I guess it may be all the Playpals.  

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

My dolls hair fell out but I want to re-root did you receive any answers on this topic.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

I have heard of a defect in the manufacturing and the hair falls out. Maybe it was true about Playpal

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

I bought one new from Ashton Drake and called and they told me the same thing.  I have Pattitie Playpal which is 18 inches tall and only her bangs fell out.

Where can we get them rerooted?  I found the hair at Hobby Lobby and it matches.

sandy

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

I have 3 AD Patti Playpals.  The hair on two of the dolls is falling out.  Wigs are not cheap but I think that is what I will be doing so I can sell the dolls.  No one will buy them without hair.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply