cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nanette? Nancy Lee? Clone? Marked only 12 and Made in USA

This is a hard plastic doll with no makers mark - only a 12 on her back & neck, and  Made In USA on her back.

Any thoughts?

Eyes are weighted, molded lashes (but no painted lower lashes!)

Her wig seems odd, since it is pulling off the sides & showing the cap. Her lips are not painted correctly, either a factory error or ? repainted? Leg paint is missing in parts - either not painted correctly to start, or it wore off, or it was repainted badly. (color is good - hard to show this in photos)

Owned by neighbor when she was a kid, stored since early sixties - so one owner. No memory of having her redone.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I can only imagine someone used fingernail polish on the lips, a popular color back then!   The wig really is mysterious, I wonder if someone ripped it off at one point, by accident or not, and so it became odd, and still was when glued back on (never know what kids will do).    

I'm surprised what clear eyes she has, she does have a really sweet face.    

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

According to the Doll Reference site that mark was used by Belle Doll & Toy Corp. on dolls made for Effanbee, Ideal, Super Doll, & Valentine. To me she resembles Lou Ann Sims, but Lou Ann has an open mouth with teeth. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you, that's a start! Always makes me a little crazy to not know who a doll is!
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Another odd thing (clue perhaps) is she has a divot in one palm, as though she had  magnet there once.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi,

Just a thought but have you checked the clothes for a tag. I have found that sometimes a tag in the clothes has helped.

Ellen

Message 6 of 6
latest reply