cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nancy Ann Storybook Doll....Killing Me!

All bisque frozen leg Nancy Ann Storybook doll. Who is she? I have searched and searched with no info; it is killing me! She is marked on her back but there is tape around the top of her bloomers, so if there was a number, I can't see it  😞

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

I am sure there is someone that will stop by and know who she is. I did find this website that might help:  http://www.nancyanndolls.com/index.html

there are alot of photos.

Good Luck

Ellen

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I searched that whole site, too and didn't see her. Thanks, though!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

nancy ann storybook dolls are mainly identified by their outfits and yours does not appear to be an original dress.

~Tina
p31headersmall
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I had a vintage NSB doll in a white bridal style dress.  The dress base was made of net (as yours shows).  Onto that was sewn fancy lace.  When I tried to wash the dress as it really needed a soaking, the lace fell apart in places.  To make the dress presentable, I remove all the remaining lace.  Totally different dress, now.

Maybe, just maybe, your dress also was bedecked with lace.  Key word here - was.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

In regard to the photo posted of the Nancy Ann Storybook Doll in a yellow net skirt and tafetta bodice,she is #87 Bridesmaid listed on Page 101 of the Encyclopia of bisque Nancy Ann Dolls from the 40's.  Your doll is missing her net, fanned bonnet.  Many people do not want those with missing headpieces.  Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have a #93 Winter with no markings on her back. Can she be authentic?
Message 7 of 7
latest reply