cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inherited Doll Collection - folk art, OLD, foreign, porcelain, unique

I inherited my mother's doll collection - most are from 1930-1940's, I think. Many are unique, some Eskimo, folk art, porcelain, world wide, native American. HELP! Many in horrible condition. Where do I start? I cannot identify most of them, but I want to find them all homes as I do not have the space for them. Here are a few of the little ones - maybe 20%. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Inherited Doll Collection - folk art, OLD, foreign, porcelain, unique

I am sorry for your loss, and hope that I can be of some help to you. Although not expensive your little bisque dolls are very collectible ( I am very partial to them)!

They are German, and even though unmarked most people would assume made by the Hertwig company. Your guess as to age seems right on, they would have been made from the 20's through the 40's and They appeal to both doll collectors, and especially dollhouse enthusiasts. If you are interested in selling them I would specify that they are dollhouse size in your listing. I would list each individually, or in pairs, NOT try to sell as a lot.

•   I'm sorry I can't offer much help with the other dolls. They are generally known as "tourist dolls". Because they are dolls of color they would have a market, but frankly would not sell for much, so I would either sell them as a small lot, or start individual listings very low.
  • I wish you luck, and encourage you to continue to post photos here. although this forum is not terribly active, there are some terrific people who are very willing to help.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 2
latest reply