cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify Madame Alexander doll dress + another dress? Thank you in advance!

Hi:  I had some questions on some doll clothes.

I bought this blue and white checked dress w/ a tagged Cissy dress and although it seems like a similar size, it is not tagged and is different from Cissy's blue and white checked dress.  It is great quality and has snaps similar to the tagged Cissy dress.  Might it be made by M. Alexander?  If not, does anyone recognize what company this doll dress was made by?

I also came upon this pink formal which is tagged "Prince..."(a Madame Alexander doll tag) but the rest of the tag is sewn into the seam of the dress.  I assume this label says Princess but I am unsure to what M. Alexander doll this dress belongs.

Thank you so much...I really appreciate all of you fellow doll collectors out there!

Any help much appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The gown reminds me somehow of Princess Elizabeth but only found this similar image:

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much for your reply and yes, I agree that this dress looks very similar to mine!!!!

Sorry about the late thank you but I just noticed your post tonight!!!  Very thoughtful of you to send that photo and id...thanks again!!!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If you want to check this site year by year, you might find thechecked dress, in case it is for Cissy and lost the label.

http://www.vintagedollcollector.com/maker/mfgac/alexander/cissys-outfits-1955/

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks so much for this link!!! Much appreciated!!!!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply