cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me with this composition doll body please?

I have collected dolls for years and this is the only body like this I have ever had.  I have had the doll several years, but am thinking of listing her.  It is a composition body by Scioto made in 1984.  The doll is a  Lori Baby by Swaine & Co.  I have had lots of baby bodies through the years, but never one jointed like this with bent legs.

I want to describe it correctly, but need suggestions please, thanks Helen

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It's a modern reproduction body & you have the year of production and the maker. I don't think you need any more infromation. Is the head a reproduction also? It looks as if it is.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your help.  All that is true, but because it is jointed at elbows and knees, is not very common for a baby body.  I just wanted to be able to put in my title about the body.  It reminds me of an S.F.B.J body, but haven't see a bent knee one?  For some reason the artist didn't sign the head, but as I said the body mold is from 1984.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

in the 80s it was the hay day to make reproductions of older dolls and the jointed bodies were the thing. I know that is what I went for back then and there were jointed leg as well as arm dolls the older fashion dolls also having jointed wrists

There's truth in lies and lies in truth, would I lie to you???
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your input

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hello,  Did you ever sell the Reproduction Lori doll with the Scioto baby body?  I need a body like the one you have.  My username on eBay is Almarinda.   Hopefully you can answer this message.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply