cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown eyed Cissy

I've been hoping to snare one for years-- and found one in a sleeper auction. The photos showed her eyes half-closed, and I took a chance. Now to find her an outfit. This one is home made, but burgubdy suits her. Any suggestions?DSC_0052.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Brown eyed Cissy

As Lorrie Morgan sang, I think you should find her something in red.  I really like her wig.

Mine says 'how do'.  I got her last year from a dealer friend of mine who calls me when she gets in something she thinks I'll like.  I still haven't gotten around to gussying her up.  I buy sight unseen, she describes them over the phone...the price was right just for the outfit she has on and she didn't mention the brown eyes.  From what little I've read/heard about the Cissys with brown eyes, some say they only came in blue and any that are brown today are because they've either been switched or the eyes turned.  But I'm not so sure about that.

Cissy.JPG

Jam up and jelly tight

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Brown eyed Cissy

Thanks for the photo, Mike! Linda Crowsey's Madame Alexander Dolls 1948-1965 pictures a brown-eyed doll that was authenicated by the Alexander Co.To me, your doll's eyes look as if they were originally brown. Mine's right eye looks like yours, but her left eye has fading & discoloration.I love to spot these variations. I found my ponytail Cissy in pieces at a doll show.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Brown eyed Cissy

I'd never seen a brown eyed Cissy before- they are both beautiful dolls! Marym, I hope you'll share a photo once you've decided on an outfit for her. Congrats!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Brown eyed Cissy

Hi..i bougth a brown eyes cissy ...she looks great....she doesnt have her ears pirced ....should she???s-l500 (3) (1).jpg

s-l500 (4) (1).jpg

Message 5 of 5
latest reply