cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before and Afters - Share Yours!

Please post your before and afters on this thread.  Big or small, whole rehab or just a refreshing....and tell us how you did it!

I will start.  Here is Ideal 14" Sonja Henie doll before and after.  The crochet ensemble is "Bare Back Rider" by Mary Hoyer.....

Here is Before:

$_57.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 211
latest reply
210 REPLIES 210

Compo Aunt Jemima before & after

Aunt Jemima before.jpg:

Aunt Jemima after.jpg

Message 31 of 211
latest reply

Oh Yaay!  Keep em coming!  All are awesome!  Here's my latest from the tlc lot I got from ebay....here's the before...

girls - Copy.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 32 of 211
latest reply

And after....

DSCN0072.JPG

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 33 of 211
latest reply

She looks like a perfect diamond,beautiful! You should be proud !

Message 34 of 211
latest reply

Thanks, and here is the last of the lot.  Honestly, I didn't know what to do with this one!  Her whole face was smashed in and I couldn't for the life of me decide how to clothe her.....here she is before...girls.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 35 of 211
latest reply

So I figured, what the heck!  Have fun with her!  I "put" her in a little red union suit and gussied her face and hair up a bit....After

DSCN0095.JPG

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 36 of 211
latest reply

Miss Revlon, found in a toy bin in a flea market type setting, $15:

SANY0191.JPG

SANY0196.JPG

Thrift Store Doll

Message 37 of 211
latest reply

Before and after of a vintage Cissy doll.  Please bear with me, I have never posted here before.   Just found this thread!

photo AuburnBangsB.jpg
Goldie
Message 38 of 211
latest reply

Here is another vintage Cissy Doll.

PurpleMermaidBA3.jpg

Goldie
Message 39 of 211
latest reply

Here is a little Wendy-Kins:1953BabyAngelBA.jpg

Goldie
Message 40 of 211
latest reply

Beautiful work GoldieF!   Please tell what you did to make them come out so wonderfully and an especially, your first Cissy!    I'd love to know the details on how you got the little Wendy dress so clean.

Message 41 of 211
latest reply

I think the most fun in collecting dolls is bringing an "orphan" back to the beauty it was before.   It is so satisfying and I loved looking at every photo in this thread after finding it last night.   It is always so great to find kindred souls,  lol.

My Cissy restoration:   I took her apart and totally cleaned her up.   She was filthy.   I replaced her eyes (eyes from another Cissy that was beyond help).  I would have left them and just put in new eyelashes, but they were rusted out and couldn't be cleaned.  She was then re-blushed (using an air brush).  I fixed the splits in her hips with Epoxy putty, and then splurged on an original outfit for her.    Restoration on Cissy dolls is tedious and frustrating, so it takes me months to do it, lol. 

The little Wendy-kins Angel Baby's gown was first soaked in lukewarm water and Perk! from Twin Pines.   It was still not white, so I soaked it in lukewarm water and Oxy.   I kept checking it often because I have heard horror stories about Oxy damaging the fabric.  Fortunately, it survived the cleaning. 

I am looking forward to seeing more dolls brought back life!

Goldie

Goldie
Message 42 of 211
latest reply

thanks for sharing your methods!   I just do tiny things that help dolls to look better, but really appreciate the skill I see from others here, and hearing their stories. 🙂

Message 43 of 211
latest reply

Here is an American Character Sweet Sue that I felt sorry for.ACSweetSueBA.jpg

Goldie
Message 44 of 211
latest reply

beautiful! was it mostly clean up and new wig, or what?

Message 45 of 211
latest reply