cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before and Afters - Share Yours!

Please post your before and afters on this thread.  Big or small, whole rehab or just a refreshing....and tell us how you did it!

I will start.  Here is Ideal 14" Sonja Henie doll before and after.  The crochet ensemble is "Bare Back Rider" by Mary Hoyer.....

Here is Before:

$_57.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 211
latest reply
210 REPLIES 210

This is a good tip, Mapadittyssuff!   Thanks for sharing it!    Also, I want to say I love your work in polymer clay.

Goldie

Goldie
Message 151 of 211
latest reply

thank you
DOLLS ARE MY THERAPY
Message 152 of 211
latest reply

Cissy came in 20" and 21" tall size. Her dresses are approximately 10" long (shoulder to hem) for short just below the knee length and 15" long for ankle length gowns. Her waist measures 8" all the way around.

Hope that's helpful.

"Love All.....Trust Few.....Do Wrong To None! Wm. Shakespeare
Message 153 of 211
latest reply

Beautiful painting on the Hungarian doll!    All your restorations are neat to look at.

Goldie

Goldie
Message 154 of 211
latest reply

Very helpful!  I can't find the dresses I have but I will post a picture when I do.  Since I buy bulk clothing at times I have dresses that are not the baby doll type.  I have a little bra, panties, and skirt in a see through blue lace that someone sent me once as well and it looks like it would fit her.  For under clothing I guess.  I also found Sally's rollers at thrift store and they are very small ones for perming--have you ever seen those?

They are yellow and maybe 3 inches long and as big around as maybe a pencil in the center.

Thanks!

KarI

Message 155 of 211
latest reply

Posting my latest revamp. Actually, it was just the cleaning up of a very old & dusty Mexican Folk Art doll. I had to take this one apart. She is made of Mexican oil cloth stuffed with excelsior and is pin jointed at  the hips and shoulders. Her hair is floss and her sandals are leather. The baby is made of wood and had the remnants of feather hair...I added lamb fur to the baby's head. The ric rac on the skirt lost a little color but I prefer that to the odiferous mess I purchased. She will now grace a book shelf while she airs out further.

** I purchased this doll right here on eBay because I was curious about its construction due to another post, "Paper Mache Dolls."

1930s Mexican Oil Cloth Doll.JPGDSC08561.JPG

"Love All.....Trust Few.....Do Wrong To None! Wm. Shakespeare
Message 156 of 211
latest reply

Wow--that is amazing!  I agree with your skirt comment and it really looks clean!  Nice job!

Message 157 of 211
latest reply

All of you are astoundingly talented!

Message 158 of 211
latest reply

Wow! This thread brings back so many memories of my cleaning up & collecting days. With the birth of my real live doll a year & a half ago I parted with the majority of my collection. Sprucing up dolls was my most favorite hobby. Here are some oldies but goodies...

photo IdealDollsBefore.jpg

photo 100_9289.jpg

photo 100_9917.jpg

Message 159 of 211
latest reply

photo AARitaBefore.jpg

photo 100_0126.jpg

photo B6GrtHBmkKGrHqEOKiUEyUkMKUwhBMwLCPB8vw_12.jpg

photo 100_1674.jpg

Message 160 of 211
latest reply

I hope I am replying to the right thread--just wow! It is mind blowing to see before and afters. So much time and love. They just shine like angels when you are done!
Message 161 of 211
latest reply

These are always so inspiring, but gg, I have to mention that your dark Rita is the doll of my dreams! You did a fabulous job on both her and her dress. Love it!
Photobucket
Message 162 of 211
latest reply

Thank you! I can't take all of the credit. There used to be a wonderful seamstress that used to post to this board. She recreated the dress for me. The original was way beyond repair. Rita was one of my absolute favorites, I miss her very much! 

Message 163 of 211
latest reply

Do any of you happen to know anything about bisque dolls?  I think I maybe got taken on this one. 🙂  $20.  Not even sure if it's a boy or girl.  I don't know if the outfit is original to the doll or not either.  The hairstyle looks British to me.  I can't see any markings on him/her and no idea of age.  Very odd looking compared to anything i can possible Google.  Roughly 8 inches tall-not quite.  Stringed arms and legs and they are loose.  Needs a cleaning as well and not sure how to clean bisque.  I will try soap and water unless your thoughts are otherwise.

Or maybe where to look up info on the doll--I am happy to do research.  In fact it's what I do best!  I have never bought bisque dolls and I bought two.  The other was just $3 and she is marked Japan and smaller.  I see those have little or no value. Bless you for all you guys do.  I must have at least 100 dolls and I honestly fall in love with them and treat them like children.  Almost believe they have souls... 

Kari

September 11 14 1 005.JPG

September 11 14 1 007.JPG

Message 164 of 211
latest reply

I'd say you should probably start a new topic. Just taking a wild guess but he/she looks like a modern reproduction done by a crafter or hobbyist. The blue one piece looks like it belongs to Tammy. 

Message 165 of 211
latest reply