cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before and Afters - Share Yours!

Please post your before and afters on this thread.  Big or small, whole rehab or just a refreshing....and tell us how you did it!

I will start.  Here is Ideal 14" Sonja Henie doll before and after.  The crochet ensemble is "Bare Back Rider" by Mary Hoyer.....

Here is Before:

$_57.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 211
latest reply
210 REPLIES 210

Re: Before and Afters - Share Yours!

All are so beautiful!  I really enjoy this topic.  Of course a gal posted about Terri Lee on the board.  I have danced this dance with Terri Lee for years, buy, tired, sell, never really clicked with a TL doll.  So of course her post got me interested again.  I always try to find the dolls I have had and sold, never want them when I have them, only when I don't :{.  You know the drill.  Anyway, found one that I really liked, but it needed a bit of primping.  Wanted braids and dark hair and wanted to try sewing this pattern from 2oth century dolls pattern book for the longest time....what do you think?....terri

Before:

$_57.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 196 of 211
latest reply

after:DSCN0582.JPG

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 197 of 211
latest reply

Before:

$_571.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 198 of 211
latest reply

After:

DSCN0583.JPG

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 199 of 211
latest reply

Hi,

She sure looks younger and the dark auburn pigtails suits her perfectly...

And I love her new dress !

You did a great job !

I am not attracted to Terry Lee dolls usually.  Is it because of the discrepancy between her very mature, 1940's features and her toddler body  ?  I don't know really... I think they were very modern for their time

I never had the occasion to see one "in person", if I may say, only in pictures.

Message 200 of 211
latest reply

Happy New Year to all! Sharing some recent cosmetic revamps - A little OxiClean goes a long, long way to remove age yellowing and liven up vintage colors. The key is to rinse, rinse, rinse (and even rewash) to get that stuff off.

1950s Universal Baby Barry, 16" or is she 1953 LuAnn Simms by Roberta? Impossible to tell? If you know for sure, please share.

Her back is marked "170 Made in USA," as are a few 1950s dolls.

1950s Universal Baby Barry a.JPG1950s Universal Baby Barry b.JPG

1955 Ideal Posey, 18"

1955 Ideal Posie Walker 2.JPG

1955 Ideal Posie Walker c.JPG1955 Ideal Posie Walker a.JPG

IMPCO Tina Toddler, 22" - Will add Mary Jane shoes as soon as they arrive.

Impco Tina Toddler, 22 in.JPGImpco Tina Toddler, 22 in - After.JPG

"Love All.....Trust Few.....Do Wrong To None! Wm. Shakespeare
Message 201 of 211
latest reply

How can I purchase her?

Message 202 of 211
latest reply

Hi, everyone...I'm back! No revamps to share because I must watch my pennies.

I've been off-line for months caring for my mom who suffered a series of mini strokes following my brother's death last June 2014 and left her with vascular dementia. Of course, I left my job, home, life...to take care of my best friend. Mom has markedly improved now that she has the right care. Her name is Margarita...Please keep my "Daisy" in your prayers.

Anyway, I wanted to ask the doll community to please keep this thread alive...It's an all-time favorite and a fantastic teaching & sharling tool.

Peace and blessings to all!
"Love All.....Trust Few.....Do Wrong To None! Wm. Shakespeare
Message 203 of 211
latest reply

Prayers and hugs to you and your mom! God Bless!
Message 204 of 211
latest reply

Welcome back and glad to hear your Mom is doing better.

Message 205 of 211
latest reply

BeforeBeforeAfterAfterAmazing what cleaning up, adding a wig and giving a doll some cute clothes will do!Amazing what cleaning up, adding a wig and giving a doll some cute clothes will do!

Message 206 of 211
latest reply

This is an amazing thread - I so enjoyed seeing all the amazing jobs people have done restoring dolls. Everyone here is so talented!!!

Hope to have one to share sometime - mostly I've been doing small things and not taking "before" shots.

Carry on - thanks for reviving the thread!

Mary

Message 207 of 211
latest reply

I was at an outdoor flea market, on a sweltering day.   I noticed a barrel had old sad looking dolls in it and started digging thru them.   Everything was useless until I got to the last doll on the bottom - I was thrilled to find her, even in her desperate condition and wearing an ugly, poor fitting dress.    I am not really good at fixing dolls up, but I did clean her and tried a little make up, hair ribbon and I had bought this cabbage patch doll dress that was wonderful on her.    She looks much happier now 🙂Tiny TearsTiny TearsTiny TearsTiny Tears

Message 208 of 211
latest reply

Love the Tiny Tears, she looks much happier!! I am still wanding through this amazing thread.

Will try to remember to take before shots, I tend to immediately head for the sink with a needs TLC doll and forget to take the shot!

Message 209 of 211
latest reply

I have been finding lots of companion dolls locally. Here is a Patti Playpal after clean up.

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 210 of 211
latest reply