cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before and Afters - Share Yours!

Please post your before and afters on this thread.  Big or small, whole rehab or just a refreshing....and tell us how you did it!

I will start.  Here is Ideal 14" Sonja Henie doll before and after.  The crochet ensemble is "Bare Back Rider" by Mary Hoyer.....

Here is Before:

$_57.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 211
latest reply
210 REPLIES 210

Re: Before and Afters - Share Yours!

Thanks--I am pretty sure that is what it is. 🙂  Nice to know about the Tammy doll--I have either her or Shelley--the one that is a knock off of the other. Think I'll rerobe this one and give her something to wear. 🙂

Bless You!

Message 166 of 211
latest reply

Lovely work gg197!  It is good to see orphan dolls come back to life again!

Goldie

Goldie
Message 167 of 211
latest reply

What a difference a dress makes!! Both the dolls and the dresses were purchased on eBay for next to nothing...Spectacular purchases!

1950s Nancy Lee & Sweet Sue - These were filthy rescues / revamps. Look how gorgeous they look in their new crochet and lace dresses.

$T2eC16R,!)EE9s2ugOeKBR4uZsp0ug~~60_57.jpgDSC08984.JPGDSC08910.JPG

I know a lot of collectors don't like Walda, but this 1978 doll grew on me for her spectacular 25" long home made dress and matching hat. All I did was clean her up and change her wig so she doesn't look so washed out...She looks like a completely different doll. This one's a keeper...I must say, the old gal is holding her own!

Before and after:

Walda Doll Lot - Beige Lace Dress 1978 Davar.JPGDSC08995.JPG

"Love All.....Trust Few.....Do Wrong To None! Wm. Shakespeare
Message 168 of 211
latest reply

Absolutely beautiful work!  Great job and so nice to see them gorgeous again!

Message 169 of 211
latest reply

Good Work!   What fun to see them as they are now!

Goldie
Message 170 of 211
latest reply

I've been working all year on the best way to deal with "blown-out" eyes on compo dolls. I think I've hit on a solution that works for me.

Message 171 of 211
latest reply

Are we currently without a way to size or attach multiple photos? I'll post the rest individually, then.

Message 172 of 211
latest reply

Effanbee America's Child

Message 173 of 211
latest reply

Shirley T.

Message 174 of 211
latest reply

Ouch! That looks super painful!

What an absolutely [otherwise] beautiful doll. I like her and can't wait to see the update on this one with the black hair and floral dress.

"Love All.....Trust Few.....Do Wrong To None! Wm. Shakespeare
Message 175 of 211
latest reply

Hi, did your doll have the mold inside her eyes and used a blow dryer to fix them?  Beautiful doll!

No matter where you go...there your are.
Message 176 of 211
latest reply

I know about the blow dryer method and it works wonders with vinyl dolls because the heat destroys the mold causing the  the haze. With compo girls like Shirley, her eyes are glass and they have shattered. You can only repaint them or replace them.

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 177 of 211
latest reply

I have trouble reading here since the change.    No matter what I do, my messages are from the bottom up, and I hate trying to find my place and work up.    I see you finally found a way that works for you with the eyes of compo dolls, but I'm not finding the post that says what that way is.   Did I miss it, because my dolls need it too?!

Message 178 of 211
latest reply

No-- some compo dolls had celluloid eyes, and it disintegrates into all over crazing. While I've removed mold from the exterior of vinyl dolls' eyes, I've never found anything to remove the clouding of the interior. Maybe that will be my next project!

Message 179 of 211
latest reply

Hi Nieve,

I  prefer  to read the posts in the chronological order too, the oldest first.

I had the same problem when they changed the "new-ex- doll board\group etc.."  and was all mixed up...

I found out that if I click on the little arrow (at the top, on the left -  Topic Option), I can scroll down and choose to reverse the order.  

Every time you will sign in, you will get your posts

the oldest first.

Hope it will help ! 

Message 180 of 211
latest reply