cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Great thread...

My addition for the day is my Grandma's K*R 116A....  I love her.

Madame Alexander "Coco", original dress.   

Pat G.

Message 77 of 2,404
latest reply

Geesh these dolls are just "Gaw-gis"!!! Beautiful clothes too! Great thread tacky 😄

Message 78 of 2,404
latest reply

mabverick
Scout

New day, new doll, absolutely fantastic and really unusual moulded and stuffed leather doll with astrakhan wig and painted features. He remains a bit of a mystery, but may be Moroccan - I still need to find clothes for him, I'm thinking a very simple cloth caftan and maybe a fez (and have found him a leather camel as an accessory.)

Photobucket

Camel - just a cheap little Moroccan souvenir, but looks great alongside him 😉

Photobucket

ebay siggy
Message 79 of 2,404
latest reply

He's very cool, Mab

Here's my doll of the day. Christie wearing Poodle Parade Repro.

This is fun. I look forward to it every morning.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 80 of 2,404
latest reply

One of my favorite dolls is this wonderful "Mammy."  The folks who have been on this board for years know the story, as I have shared it before.  But for the new dolly people I would like to tell you about it.

My husband and I had a long weekend down in Savannah.  A street fair was going on down in the old cotton warehouse district.  Wonderful sounds, smells and happy people were all around us.  Now, for the most part, I don't collect new dolls but saw these type of dolls for sale on the vendors table.  She told us all about them, made them by hand, dressed them in material from old clothes she found at the thrift.  I choose the one below as she was dressed as cotton picker from years ago.  She has hair brows, a wonderful face that the artist made and sculpted from good old GA clay and then sun dried.(can you tell  I love her).

On with my story....I purchased her and asked if she had signed her.  She said yes. I told her that I had been trying to find the signature, but still am unable to do so.  She laughed and said, "I thought you said your a doll collector"  I am, I said, still unable to find the signature, she said look at her feet.  I always only put four toes on the left foot of every doll I make.  That's my signature! 

Hope this was not to long, but thought some may enjoy seeing this very special, handmade doll from the South.  (Oh by the way, she is left to Stooie in my will]:))

Message 81 of 2,404
latest reply

Me Again, I forgot to say, she was made on Gullah Island, where the doll artist lives and where her family has lived for years and years.

Marie

Message 82 of 2,404
latest reply

Arranbee Nancy and her perfect trunk of pristine clothes..

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 83 of 2,404
latest reply

Today's dolls melted my heart. Loved your story & doll, Chipmunk. (((Nancy))):-x  My Jerry Garcia doll owns a piece of my heart having always traveled with me as my only companion and serving 5 years in two national parks. He even served as Santa at Christmas.

Bought him in 2002 at the Experience Music Project in Seattle.

Message 84 of 2,404
latest reply

I don't know who made these dolls, but I've had them since my childhood. I remember, when I was 6, a boy friend came over to our house (he was one of my regular playmates) and when he saw these dolls, he said that one day we'd end up married. Sadly, it didn't come true. We grew up and went to live in different cities.

the newlyweds

Message 85 of 2,404
latest reply

My mother's MA Bitsey who survived years of me sneaking her out of the box at the top of mom's closet so I could sleep with her.... because no doll should have to be hidden away, poor baby...

MA Bitsey MOMS

But thankfully I learned a little bit about fixing them up and I was able to somewhat fix the damage I did to her...  It was LOTS of little tiny stitches to put the dress back together again....  I still can't do hair...  After I fixed her my mother gave her to me so she sits out in a place of honor.  :-x

MA Bitsey MOMS clean

"Ugly" 23" Rag/Soft Sculpture doll. I really do like her though I think she needs some artisitc enhancement. Not sure how I want to do this yet.

Message 87 of 2,404
latest reply

Zippity, (((your Grands))) K*R.....very special

Mab, your wonderful Black Leather, I always love

seeing.......love his new Leather Camel, great find.

Marie, Great Doll, I never get tired of her Sweet Story.

One of my very favs......Big Alice, by S&H with glass eyes, molded earrings and necklace........Janey

Janey
Photobucket
E Loved Dolls
Message 88 of 2,404
latest reply

Photobucket

New addition to my Ellowyne collection, a ooak repaint Ellowyne Wilde.

I thought I could stop with just one!!!
Message 89 of 2,404
latest reply

Stump Baby Rag Doll

Photobucket
Message 90 of 2,404
latest reply