cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

tell me about this doll.. (I don't know anything about modern dolls)  This has got to be the Coolest modern doll I've ever seen!  

s.

Message 1741 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh..sorry, I'm refering to the Cissy Doll with the Bart Simpson toy...

Message 1742 of 2,404
latest reply

Hi, all, just checking in for a quick minute.  Have been mia in body, but not in spirit.  Son is moving back home and wants his 20 X 20' studio back, so I have been scrambling trying to move to an 8 X 10' space!  Time is mid June and it has been hellacious because I also have been busy at work and having to travel and redoing the bathroom!

Miss you all, but the end is in sight.  Haven't even had time to ooh and ahh.  Had to part with 20 dolls so sad but just not enough room.

Here is the little bisque repo I have been fussing over.  Need a name, any suggestions?  I think I like her with the green eyes and braids.  What do you think?.....terri

photo DSCN6958_zps8dc12cd7.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1743 of 2,404
latest reply

hello folks
i was on travel with family for the past week, just catching up here

BRAVO!! to everyone for beautiful dolls and pictures always a fun variety

tacky, i luv your enchanting green eyed closed-mouth

the Kestner i posted awhile ago, i believe she is about 30 inches a biggie
here's another picture, i dunno what the little doll is i will have to ask Mom

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv211/twangerstudios/DSC09393.jpg

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1744 of 2,404
latest reply

The Bru? She is a copy of an Antique Bru doll, I put new outfit on her etc but I am not sure I am going to keep it on her need to look thru things here, Lynnb

Message 1745 of 2,404
latest reply

Yes, green eyes etc she is very pretty. Lynn

Message 1746 of 2,404
latest reply

She is a beauty whoever she is, very, very pretty ! lynn

Message 1747 of 2,404
latest reply

Little bisque repro....Emily?

This is my biggest BJD...he is three feet tall.

photo 025_zps4742b8f4.jpg

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1748 of 2,404
latest reply

Wonderful, love him and his size Clap, clap, Lynnb

Message 1749 of 2,404
latest reply

These modern dolls amaze me..  And they kind of get to the point of why I love dolls..  When we (humans) create dolls we include, with some detail,   the details that we think are important about us and about our time.  I Guess that's why I'm so obsessed with Victorian and Edwardian dolls, it's because I'm obsessed with the period.  

A doll, for the most part is a message about what we want people to know about us, we include the details that matter to us.

That big BJD doll is a fantastic example of this!

It has all these little clues about a generation, from the Japanese animation influence to the american pop culture influence, the strangely thin profile of the thing speaks to a modern ideal of beauty and body consciousness (reminds me of the preposterously thin waisted victorian fashion doll and the obsession with bird like waists of that period )

really wonderful thing that doll.

Message 1750 of 2,404
latest reply

I agree. Dolls are a wonderful representation of their era.

photo 002-1_zps073fed9d.jpg

~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1751 of 2,404
latest reply

Love the zebra zebra. Chaplinssmile, I always enjoy seeing what you do to your dollies, they look like a fun loving family. Makes me SMILE......:^O

I wonder why I don't smile when I see my boys like the way I smile when I see Chaplin's dolls. Must learn to smile. 

Reisner's Box Opening Photo

Message 1752 of 2,404
latest reply

How wonderful. love these"New" dolls and scenes, thanks so muh for showing, Lynn

Message 1753 of 2,404
latest reply

@fragile_bloom

I don't why they don't make you smile....I smile widely every time I see your boys!!!

Here is one of my Elf boys. He is a Resinsoul Long on a 5star boy body.

photo 020_zps8ddcd380.jpg

~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1754 of 2,404
latest reply

Upon doing some personal reflections, I'm not smiling a true smile because I pay too much for them. I smile and laugh but it's the stressful type of laughter and smile. I know I will likely not get back what I paid for them, yet I love my resin boys enough to make such sacrifices :_| I enjoy seeing other people's dolls. It's more enjoyable. 🙂

Message 1755 of 2,404
latest reply