cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Patra, I love your unknown boy in blue.  He has a great character face and very winning smile!

Here's my unknown boy in blue..much more melancholy.

Photobucket
Message 136 of 2,404
latest reply

Wow! Talk about eye candy.  What a great thread.  This one is just a little generic composition guy.  But, when I bought him, he came with the beautifully hand stitched outfit, Tiny little stitches, really nice work by his former mommy.

Photobucket
Message 137 of 2,404
latest reply

mabverick
Scout

Photobucket

Wabbling Jack - a bit of a unique one! Handmade card doll weighted with what I suspect is an early golf ball, but I'm not opening him to find out. Around 1910. I got him along with a bunch of other toys from the same source - a badly distressed silk ball, a lovely 1910s teddybear (probably by JK Farnell), a Diabolo, and a Japanese hand-puppet called Kismi in his/her original box.

ebay siggy
Message 138 of 2,404
latest reply

Here is my beloved Ginny doll, Maria in a fabulous vintage mommy made outfit.  I remember going into Macabob toy store when I was young and all the MA and Ginny dolls were on display up high behind the counter.  I remember thinking, wow, which one would i choose?  I never did get any, so when this one came along, I was thrilled....

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 139 of 2,404
latest reply

Armand Marseille 351,  AM 341 and unknown nekkid baby:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 140 of 2,404
latest reply

W.D. Wilhelm Dehler....a doll that you seldom see.  Beautiful eyes on her.  With her hat and without....other then part of her thumb missing, she is otherwise perfect wearing her original clothes.  Marie

(((janey,BMD and Mouseshy)))  Janey, what beauties you have posted.  Also, Bella, please send me your Voit ASAP, top dolly on my want list.;-)

Message 141 of 2,404
latest reply

(((Boys in Blue)))

I love this boy (& his Sisssy) hand sculpted in clay by modern doll artist Rebecca Wilson Biederman. One of her VERY early dolls, made when she was still in college & making dolls to sell at craft fairs for extra money. I'm so glad he made his way from Minnesota to me!

Wabbling Jack is charming!!!  Marie, "beautiful eyes one her" is a serious understatement regarding that lovely WD, and Choca, that tiny unknown baby is a heart stealer.

Photobucket
Message 142 of 2,404
latest reply

These 3 amigos are pretty much inseparable. Left to right - Bubblecut Repro, American Girl repro and Brunette PT repro wearing Harley Gear.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 143 of 2,404
latest reply

What fantastic expressions on the German Boy and Gladdie.  So Joyous!

The picture of the girl at the piano is wonderful- so realistic.

The babies are adorable!  I love that picture.

The Biker Babes are awesome.....

But Willie...... What a sweet little man he is :-x I could just pinch those cheeks....

Amer Char SweetSue MOMS Mary Hoyer

Here's my mom's Mary Hoyer...  She's actually an American Character Sweet Sue (marked A.C.) but my Grandma always made sure my Mom and her sisters knew how special their Mary Hoyer was.  I thought my mom might be upset after I told her- but she laughed and laughed!  She's even more special now (you'd have to know my gma to understand!)

Here is my precious Sasha, who is actually my precious Gregor with eyelashes painted and wearing a wig.  I had a gazillion Sasha dolls and Gregor Dolls, but when I moved into my doll studio, I could no longer have 3's and 4's of anything.  So I kept the one blue eyed blonde gregor and now he is gregor and sasha.  The dolls are exactly the same except the girls had longer eyelashes, so I whipped out my handy dandy paintbrush and the Blythe wigs and voila!...terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 146 of 2,404
latest reply

Here is a very rare Revalo. Her porcelain bisque head is constructed similarly to the hard plastic and composition dolls in that she has no molded neck. Instead she has an inverted half orb inside her head - a very interesting feature.  She was designed to have a separate large wooden ball joint to fit between the formed interior bottom of her head, and her body-  or to have a rounded top of neck come up from the top of the torso of a body.

I sold her at a doll show, and regretted doing so, as she has been the only one I have ever seen in over 55 years of collecting antique dolls. I have also Never seen her photograph or a pictured reference to her.

Her buyer listed her head on eBay and I repurchased it from her. However, she had taken her apart and I no longer have her ball joint for her neck, nor body nor original wig. The buyer had added 2 huge plastic teeth in her mouth ( she has no teeth, nor ever did judging by the unique formation of her mouth) - of course, gone now! I believe she still has the same eyes, set - I hope some day to find her a suitable body again.

Patra ( Bella)
the sky is falling, the sky is falling, or is that manna from heaven?
Message 147 of 2,404
latest reply

One of my "littles".. a tiny Kestner..

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 148 of 2,404
latest reply

mabverick
Scout

I sold her at a doll show, and regretted doing so, as she has been the only one I have ever seen in over 55 years of collecting antique dolls. I have also Never seen her photograph or a pictured reference to her.

Her buyer listed her head on eBay and I repurchased it from her. However, she had taken her apart and I no longer have her ball joint for her neck, nor body nor original wig. The buyer had added 2 huge plastic teeth in her mouth ( she has no teeth, nor ever did judging by the unique formation of her mouth) - of course, gone now! I believe she still has the same eyes, set - I hope some day to find her a suitable body again.

That's HORRIBLE. Some people really don't respect what they've gotten their sticky mitts on. 😞

ebay siggy
Message 149 of 2,404
latest reply

mabverick
Scout

This is my Kammer & Reinhardt celluloid character toddler. I adore her and was very lucky to get her - I still can't believe I won her for only ten pounds, she wasn't even mis-listed or incorrectly identified. Original wonderful wig, nice old blouse, lovely face, some damage to her body, but seriously, nobody else bidding on her? It was meant to be...

Photobucket

ebay siggy
Message 150 of 2,404
latest reply