eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: A Doll A Day, please join!

in reply to shirleys8093

Thanks shirleys.

There is another one that had all kinds of general help for dolls.  Hopefully archived someplace.  I'll look around later.

Community Member

in reply to shirleys8093

@tiny_tailor

Here you go!

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Dolls/Green-Ear-Treatment/m-p/1185905#M5666

@kiraalt

Thanks for the kudos otherwise would never have been back here in another month or so to see tiny tailor's post.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Community Member

in reply to tiny_tailor

Thank you, Tiny, for the tidbits of info on the dyeing.  I have a #6 PT that I went on ahead and stuck her head in the CLR.  Didn't seem to hurt her hair or make-up either.  Still has the shadow of the green though.

You were asking about a green ear thread?  I thought I remembered where it was, but let me have a quick look and I'll let you know.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Community Member

in reply to shirleys8093

Hi Shirlys,  how ya doing?

I still use the old stuff with no problems. 

I had found an old Francie doll in a box of old doll clothes a while back..  She had horrific green ear, and was "yellowing" out also in her face.  Beautiful brunette hair.

I don't do Barbie, and I DO NOT suggest someone do this,  unless it's a very last resort,  but I popped off her head and put the whole head in a cup of CLR.  Took a week or so, but the green ear was like a 5 o'clock shadow.   They say some Barbies de-green better than others.  I read that here.  Where oh where is that thread about fixing Barbies?

I dye dipped her head in a little bit of tan or peach dye, and she looks great.  She didn't go bald, and her face paint was not harmed.   A LITTLE bit of dye in hot water for a couple of seconds.  Keep in mind it dries alot darker.

I've dye dipped a couple of Revlons also. Their arms and legs on the bigger ones seem to fade out sometimes.   Only problem is the dye fades out after awhile and you may have to do it again. Or I play around with a trashed doll and race-reassign them with dye.  Hubby says I really need help,  and to just throw the doll out. LOL. 

Community Member

in reply to tiny_tailor

I still have a bottle of the old CLR.  I haven't used it in a while but was wondering if it would be OK to use?

Community Member

in reply to kiraalt

She is really nice.  Love those fashion dolls.  I have used CLR on green ear on my Revlons with much success.  Keep applying with a Q-tip. Inside and out, if you can remove her head easily.  The Little Miss Revlon heads pop right off.

If you have the older CLR formula, it works faster and better.  The "new and improved" bottles with the world globe on it, takes longer to work.

Community Member

in reply to tackygoods

"I'm Almost Human!"  says the ribbon.  Circle P only mark.  Little Miss Revlon lookalike

What I love about her

- Quality is good.  Comparable to LMR

- I don't think this one has ever been played with - not even handled much.  Her hair net is still on!! 

- That stunning platinum updo

- She came in a nice case (but the lid has torn off due to age)

- The flaw - those earrings had been in there ALL this time.  Removed immediately when I got her.  Bad green ear which I am working on - slowly and carefully.  

photo AlmostHumanDoll_zpsmxxqq5lg.jpg
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!"
Community Member

in reply to tackygoods

hi @tackygoods !  LTNS   I just don't make it this way any more.  Good to see you are still creating Smiley Happy  I'm still playing.

Community Member

in reply to tackygoods

tackygoods,

Anthros are new to me.  Cute.  Do you buy them blank and then airbrush them?

Community Member

in reply to tackygoods

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Community Member

in reply to tackygoods

Havin fun doing face ups on these little Anthros.  Here's doggie Lindsey and Bunny Rabbit.  Also Phoebe Mouse....

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Community Member

in reply to shirleys8093
Lovely! ♥
Community Member

in reply to shirleys8093

this isn't much better....

Community Member

in reply to aprilmoviebuf2000

@kiraalt

A little blurry, but here is my Misty and a Tammy with crooked neckSmiley Wink

Community Member

in reply to tackygoods

Finally found my Muffie.  Poor little thing was packed away, I had no idea where she was.  Lo and behold there she was in a tote with my Mom's old china.

Any ideas on how to fix her frizzy flyaway hair?

April

006.JPG
Community Member

in reply to tackygoods

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Community Member

in reply to kiraalt

Look who came in the mail today and is going to live with me!  It's Bobette! 

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Community Member

in reply to tackygoods

Yes, Misty is roughly the same size as Barbie.  Not quite as curvy though.  

Community Member

in reply to tiny_tailor

Thanks so much!  Hubby had an itsy bitsy teensy weensy stroke, or TIA as they call it right around the time we started escrow on a desert condo.  Owner of desert condo died during escrow so we had to get involved in a looooooong probate.  Those two issues kept me from my beloved doll board and beloved doll boardies.  I missed you all too!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Community Member

in reply to tiny_tailor

Oh, that edit button, lol.

Meant to say, glad to see you posting your cuties again!!!