cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Re: A Doll A Day, please join!

Here's my first doll....It's a Raving Beauty Blonde made in Pasadena, my hometown by Artisan Doll Co early 1950's.  I fell in love because of her short blonde curly hair and the fact that I found her in a thrift shop not a mile for the original site for Artisan!

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 2 of 2,404
latest reply

Here's my Scarecrow Barbie I did for last years Fall Makeover Challenge.

arbie i did for last years Fall makeover....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 3 of 2,404
latest reply

acceptance16
Enthusiast

A soft sculpture doll given to me by my German friend. She created and sold dolls like these during the war to buy bread to feed her family. I adored the lady, and the magic hands behind this treasure. Her face has a run because my cat got her one day.

Message 4 of 2,404
latest reply

Ready to sail the Carribean with Cap'tn Jack Sparrow!

Hello, my name is HQueenLa and I am a doll addict.
Message 5 of 2,404
latest reply

Sweet Sue sophisticat in her prom dress I made for her.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 2,404
latest reply

I have been doing a bathing beauty a day on my blog (link for informational purposes only).  I am up to Day 25.

Message 7 of 2,404
latest reply

What a wonderful idea! I've often wished I could see more of everyone's doll collection.

Susie, I would have loved to see a larger close-up of Sue's prom dress. It looks wonderful.

Susie left her soccer game to go trick or treating.

Message 8 of 2,404
latest reply

This is an Arranbee Nancy Lee I got on Ebay *cheap* thanks to a friend who gave me a heads-up..

Her body and face were in great shape, but I replaced her wig, got her an eye transplant, and made her a dress from vintage fabrics:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 9 of 2,404
latest reply

All darling, but Emmaline! Wow.  Does she  have side glancing eyes? Gorgeous!

Message 10 of 2,404
latest reply

Great dolls, all.  Acceptance, your soft sculpture doll is precious, and I know how special she must be to you.

1948 Horsman Campbells Soup compo

Photobucket
Message 11 of 2,404
latest reply

"Waitin' for Daddy" by Yolanda Bello: 

Pat G.

Message 12 of 2,404
latest reply

I love everyone's dolls!

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the poll question? Is it asking about the first doll the op posted or???

~Tina
p31headersmall
Message 13 of 2,404
latest reply

This is a Schoenhut 16/301.  It's the same mold that graces the cover of Corson's Book on Schoenhut dolls. 

I bought her right here on Ebay a while back.   She is all original and is wearing a beautiful but delicate tissue weight cotton dress that her "mommy" made for her and still has her original union suit, shoes, and metal stand.   This mold was produced from 1911 right through 1924 when they stopped producing the spring jointed dolls.  Obviously she was popular to have been part of production for all the years that these dolls were made.

The Graziano 301 is a completely different looking doll.  My doll has the same face as the Transition 102 doll who is a carved hair doll with braids (bow in back).  Depending on how they are painted they can look very different from one another.  That makes it fun when collecting.  I personally prefer the ones with mohair wigs because the mohair that the company used is the softest I have ever touched. 

She is able to be posed in many different positions making it fun to display her throughout the year. 

I love her. :-x

Photobucket
Message 14 of 2,404
latest reply

Message 15 of 2,404
latest reply