cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Re: A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi Shirlys,  how ya doing?

I still use the old stuff with no problems. 

I had found an old Francie doll in a box of old doll clothes a while back..  She had horrific green ear, and was "yellowing" out also in her face.  Beautiful brunette hair.

I don't do Barbie, and I DO NOT suggest someone do this,  unless it's a very last resort,  but I popped off her head and put the whole head in a cup of CLR.  Took a week or so, but the green ear was like a 5 o'clock shadow.   They say some Barbies de-green better than others.  I read that here.  Where oh where is that thread about fixing Barbies?

I dye dipped her head in a little bit of tan or peach dye, and she looks great.  She didn't go bald, and her face paint was not harmed.   A LITTLE bit of dye in hot water for a couple of seconds.  Keep in mind it dries alot darker.

I've dye dipped a couple of Revlons also. Their arms and legs on the bigger ones seem to fade out sometimes.   Only problem is the dye fades out after awhile and you may have to do it again. Or I play around with a trashed doll and race-reassign them with dye.  Hubby says I really need help,  and to just throw the doll out. LOL. 

Message 2371 of 2,404
latest reply

Thank you, Tiny, for the tidbits of info on the dyeing.  I have a #6 PT that I went on ahead and stuck her head in the CLR.  Didn't seem to hurt her hair or make-up either.  Still has the shadow of the green though.

You were asking about a green ear thread?  I thought I remembered where it was, but let me have a quick look and I'll let you know.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2372 of 2,404
latest reply

@tiny_tailor

Here you go!

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Dolls/Green-Ear-Treatment/m-p/1185905#M5666

@kiraalt

Thanks for the kudos otherwise would never have been back here in another month or so to see tiny tailor's post.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2373 of 2,404
latest reply

Thanks shirleys.

There is another one that had all kinds of general help for dolls.  Hopefully archived someplace.  I'll look around later.

Message 2374 of 2,404
latest reply

I see no one has posted to this thread for awhile, and I found my way back and thought I would post one.   Hope someone is here to like it!

P7110007.JPG

Message 2375 of 2,404
latest reply

Love her, nieve! Any info or stories?

also love this idea, I had not seen this thread before. I'll play! Here is a 14" Shirley Temple vinyl doll that I cleaned up. I actually have two - one with original clothes and hair still in a net - but somehow in cleaning and curling her hair, this one became my favorite. Outfit not original at all but I think it looks nice on her.

Message 2376 of 2,404
latest reply

My doll.... hmmmmmm..... Tiny Tears, I think from ebay.    When I used to buy a doll on ebay, I'd copy all the info from the page and the pics and save them with the same name, but add a number after each so they wouldn't erase each other.   BUT, that was a different computer - I wonder if all that might still be on the computer that is in the bedroom.    It was win98 and can't work now, so I went into laptops.    I'm going to have to get to that to see if I can come up with old info on the dolls I bought on ebay!    

Your Shirley looks in great shape, and her clothes came together really well.   I guess I'm not a top of the heap collector, just like what I like, and if it's not original, I'm ok, as long as I enjoy it.     I think her outfit looks really nice too.    I have not learned anything about cleaning and curling hair, maybe some day.    I'll look for another to post.....hmmmmm.... which one.....

UPDATE:    I just found where I drug the folder off the old computer and it's on my stand alone hard drive!    She is American Character Tiny Tears, 13".    She has clear eyes and hair looks perfect.   Minor damage, pretty nice.

Message 2377 of 2,404
latest reply

Yes, a very nice Tiny Tears! I see my pics came out sideways.

Will try to do better with tomorrow's doll!

(I like what I like too! Starting to get me in trouble as I have too many now, but oh well!)

Message 2378 of 2,404
latest reply

I like the cheapo $1 dolls as much as the expensive ones, they all have their own style.   I like new and I like old, and I like dolls with no value at all!    Here are 3 in the same pic, with finger curls.   I have one more, not in this pic.

Sisters photo PC280065.jpg

Message 2379 of 2,404
latest reply

So sweet!!!!
Message 2380 of 2,404
latest reply

I found a pic of the other finger curl gal I was thinking of.   She is just a modern porcelain, but I love her.   

PA290034.JPG

Message 2381 of 2,404
latest reply

Ha, ha, I found an unexpected source for finger curls!   

Cabbage Patch - the only one I've ever seen with them!

Lolly cabbage patch p5020014_medium.jpgLolly cabbage patch p5020015_medium.jpg

Message 2382 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh wow those are great curls!!so fun! I like your modern doll too.  My favorites have been the discarded dolls that beg for a bath and more. I found a super cute one at a yard sale but when I took her head off I squeezed her plastic body too hard and it broke.  So now I have a very cute cleaned up and curled head and limbs of a noname doll. Not sure what to do with her. 

Message 2383 of 2,404
latest reply

Here is a Madame Alexander pussycat doll I cleaned up and replaced the crier box - she was a mess! 

Message 2384 of 2,404
latest reply

I would love to see the pretty head, and even the broken body if you have it.   We can all learn from other's mistakes!

Message 2385 of 2,404
latest reply