cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Re: A Doll A Day, please join!

@Shirls  Oh I do.  Dawns and Love ! heart

Spoiler

@shirleys809304 wrote:

@kiraalt   didn't think to put this in the previous post.  Thought you might like to see these gals:-)

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!"
Message 2341 of 2,404
latest reply

Sorry - don't know what I clicked wrong to get the spoiler thing.  I was trying to quote.  Smiley Tongue

Message 2342 of 2,404
latest reply

Went to a yard sale a couple of weeks ago, and these 2 followed me home.  Not really my line of doll collecting, but figured I'd make new duds for them. For the bargain price for both - $10.00.

Margarete by Helen Kish 

Margot by Helen Kish

Message 2343 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh my goodness! What a price, and though they may not be up your alley, they are both lovely! Lucky you!!!

Photobucket
Message 2344 of 2,404
latest reply

Got this near perfect Misty by Ideal.   I love her because she has a much more sophisticated look than Tammy (although Tammy has her charms).

She isn't  "posin" - her legs are standard like.  Her arms are more "rubbery"  but don't hold a bend.   So I think she may have been the one that came in the set with the little floral robe and lingerie.  Or would she be the one in the sliver jumpsuit with red belt?  Still trying to find info on the difference.  I believe seller restyled her hair but a good expert-like job. Came in an untagged but period appropriate mint color dress.   Flirty eyes! Play Misty For ME

Message 2345 of 2,404
latest reply

I've always liked Tammy's sweet look, but wow, Misty reeks of Glam! Very pretty, and perfect paint, congrats!

Photobucket
Message 2346 of 2,404
latest reply

Very pretty doll.  Love her hair color.

Is she the same doll used as Tammy's Mother? I don't know nothing about The Tammy family.dolls.

Message 2347 of 2,404
latest reply

Hi, kiralt. The straight leg Misty would have come wearing either a silver one-piece  bathing suit with red trim, or she could have been sold in the Glamour Misty set wearing a 3-piece pink peignoir set.  Her hair looks original to me.  I will try to post a couple of photos, but I'm rusty at that.  (Pos'n Misty was the doll that came in the long silver jumpsuit.)

And to answer somenone else's question, no, Tammy's Mom was not made from the Misty mold.

Message 2348 of 2,404
latest reply

OL, I tried to put 2 photos is the last post, but it didn't work.  Here is Misty in the bathing suit.

Message 2349 of 2,404
latest reply

Thanks Geo!  I didn't know about the version in the bathing suit! !   Have seen the silver jumpsuit and the glamour set before.  

Message 2350 of 2,404
latest reply

The extraordinary gorgeous AA Tonner Dottie.  10" Tiny kitty body, but different sculpt. There were only 3 iproduced n ltd ed  -  The basic (pictured), Crimson Glamour (in a gorgeous red evening gown)  and Fashion Plate Dottie.   The basic with the Auburn hair Pony tail  has always made me think of AA Francie.   And the Fashion Plate one screams Lena Horne to me.  That is a little bit about her and why I love her.  Basic PT Dottie

Message 2351 of 2,404
latest reply

She is lovely, enough to make me momentarily wish I collected fashion dolls!

Photobucket
Message 2352 of 2,404
latest reply

Wow!  I love that Misty!  I am wondering, is she the same size as Tammy or Barbie?  TIA....terri

Here's my transgender Sasha in a cute little crochet ensemble.  I love crocheting in the winter...but today it is 85 degrees in Pasadena so I am catching up on the doll board! 🙂DSC_0121 (403x800).jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 2353 of 2,404
latest reply

Good to see you ressurected this thread!!!  Hope all has been well with you.

NICE job on the Sasha!!!

Message 2354 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh, that edit button, lol.

Meant to say, glad to see you posting your cuties again!!!

Message 2355 of 2,404
latest reply