cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Re: A Doll A Day, please join!

Hello everyone ~ Effanbee Brenda Starr 16 inch redressedEffBS 16in.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/28/f5/79/28f579857ddd235a714bb7822ef566f7.jpg

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 2266 of 2,404
latest reply

3barbkimo.JPG

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2267 of 2,404
latest reply

Gorgeous red head Brenda Starr!

Goldie
Message 2268 of 2,404
latest reply

These vintage Barbies are lovely in their kimonos!   What a great idea to dress them like this.

Goldie
Message 2269 of 2,404
latest reply

Himstedt SistersTikiri and Liniki Himstedt

(two for one)!

I still love and collect Himstedts, but no longer have these two.

Message 2270 of 2,404
latest reply

thanks GoldieSmiley Happy  Was a fun day for me.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2271 of 2,404
latest reply

I love those pre tonner Effanbee Brendas.  That red red hair - oh my. ♥

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!"
Message 2272 of 2,404
latest reply

Looking at your Himstedt dolls are like looking at real little girls.  They are so soft and life-like.  How beautiful.   I wish I had the money and room to collect the dolls I am starting to know through this wonderful board.   I have developed an appreciation for so many types of dolls because of the photos you guys share here.

Here is my Cissy in her yellow tulle gown from 1959.    Goldie

Presentation1.jpg

Goldie
Message 2273 of 2,404
latest reply

Goldie, I am GREEN with envy...

How many Cissy (s?) is a decent  person allowed to own ???  I  am seriously considering to report you...Smiley Wink

Keiko, touching A. Himstedt little girls that I always admire and love to see. 

Shirley, great BBC.  They always have a distinctive look, although they made so many.

...(sigh...) and another one on my Wishing list:  the flamboyant Branda Starr.  Her clothes are perfectly adapted to her personality !  She is a beauty, Diane !

Message 2274 of 2,404
latest reply

Help Please. I tried to find a recent reply because I get so lost on these long threads. Do you have your items show up as most recent first or what.?

I sometimes reply and realize that I am replying to comments from years ago. I keep changing mine under preference but sometimes I get totally lose my way. Any suggestions? I hope you can help me since its embarrassing and makes me want to run and hide.

Message 2275 of 2,404
latest reply

Dear Quiet_Lady45.....I own an indecent amount of Cissy dolls, lol !    Actually, I manage to sell a couple of dolls every couple of months because I am trying to down-size in preparation for a move to a smaller house.   Unfortunately, Cissy dolls prices have plummeted in the past year.....actually now is the time to buy Cissy dolls!    SOMEBODY HELP ME!

Goldie
Message 2276 of 2,404
latest reply

Your Cissy is breathtaking!

I thought the same thing, and thought I could never spend more than $50 on a doll.

I have learned so much here on the DB and I am constantly in awe of the dolls I see.

This thread is amazing!

I sold a lot of my dolls to buy Himstedts, that was an addiction that started here, too.

They are my main addiction. If I had the money, I would have millions of dolls!

And thank you!

The scale is all wrong (cat to dolls) but I couldn't resist, my son's kitty wanted to be in the shot!

YuFang, Mapi and Kali

Message 2277 of 2,404
latest reply

I forgot to say, Binnie is so adorable!

Barbies always make me wistful. I want to find an original, but can't run down too many dolly roads

right now, no room!

I have some repros and a couple of boxed veterinarian sets.

And Brenda Starr! Is there anyone under 40 who knows who Brenda Starr is anymore?

Cat LOL  

Message 2278 of 2,404
latest reply

@keikoasmom wrote:

And Brenda Starr! Is there anyone under 40 who knows who Brenda Starr is anymore?

Cat LOL  

I hope so keikoasmom, I truly hope so.  Great comic strip, strong female character and beautiful dolls.

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!"
Message 2279 of 2,404
latest reply

Love the cat in the photo!   Again, those Himstedts look like real little children - especially the way you pose them and the setting they are in!   I love this thread!!!  All these different dolls are a joy to see.

Here is a Madame Alexander Margaret & her clothing I have up on eBay now.   I think Margarets are so beautiful.  Madame Alexander used that mold a lot for her glamour dolls mostly before Cissy.    I don't collect Margarets because all my money goes into Cissy dolls.  She came with a Cissy I bought.  I wish I was wealthy, lol !!!!   I would keep her and all the other dolls I had to sell for my Cissy Addiction.

4girlz.jpg

Goldie
Message 2280 of 2,404
latest reply