cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Re: A Doll A Day, please join!

Wow, she is just gorgeous, Goldie!! I mean stunning.. I love dolls of this era and used to have a few but my limited space now means that I must be careful of what I add now and I am only adding small ones at present that don't take up too much space. I would dearly love to see all your dolls!!

My dolly is home now and I have her settled in with her friends. I just love her..

"Everyone Needs At Least One"
Message 2236 of 2,404
latest reply

kimmeldoll:

Your dolls are lovely!    I,too, love the doll from the era you collect.  However, I have had to limit my spending and have no more room for the one doll I let myself collect!   That is why I am selling that Queen and many others in the months to come.   Now if I can just look at the wonderful dolls in the thread and let that be enough....not actually have to OWN them, lol.   

Your photos are so much fun to look at.  Your little dolls have playthings and accessories - so cute!

Goldie
Message 2237 of 2,404
latest reply

Thank you Goldie! I had to sell most of my 500 doll and accessory collection when I became ill 9 years ago, so I understand exactly what you are having to do. I have a new fledgling collection started now over the past two years and am really enjoying being in the doll world again and thankful that I had them at the time.

This mornings sharing are two china head dolls. The one on the left came in a box lot and the one on the right was a gift from a dear friend..

"Everyone Needs At Least One"
Message 2238 of 2,404
latest reply

Kimmeldoll!  I love the way you display your dolls with your other vintage and antique treasures.  What a great idea!

Here is an Ideal Toni doll from the 1950's.   Toni dolls have the greatest wigs ever !

crop1spotlight.jpg

Goldie
Message 2239 of 2,404
latest reply

Presentation1.jpg

Goldie
Message 2240 of 2,404
latest reply

I just discovered this board, and I think is awesome to be able to share our little found treasures that we have been blessed with!! Found this little Kestner 143 at the last doll show I attended. She's so cute , you just want to hold her. Smile! Sunnydolls
Message 2241 of 2,404
latest reply

this isnt about your doll all though it is beautiful.

I wouls like to know if there are any other doll collectors out there that collect some different dolls

I put up a couple of picture and got snubbed

Why are there other dolls being shown?Picture 424.jpg

DOLLS ARE MY THERAPY
Message 2242 of 2,404
latest reply

here are one or two morePicture 060.jpg

DOLLS ARE MY THERAPY
Message 2243 of 2,404
latest reply

Hello! All dolls are pretty and collectable to the person who likes that particular type do doll. I guess I am a all around type of doll collector, because I have a little of everything, but when I do shows and Ebay I try to sell things I know. I recently though sold a doll I had no idea what the value was on this contemporary artist doll, and Ebay bidders quickly let me know how collectable she was. I was thrilled with the price she brought, and thank goodness, even though I thought she was pretty, it wasn't one I would regret selling later on. My point is everyone likes something different, and everyone should understand that. I don't know if you have ever tried to make a polymer clay baby without a mold, but it is really hard, if you don't have that special talent. I have a deep respect for those people who sculpt and design dolls. Love what you like, and don't let others bother you. The doll you posted is pretty and unique, and I know a lot of love and thought was put into her design. Smile! Sunnydolls
Message 2244 of 2,404
latest reply

I dont sell dolls just collect and repair and make them clothing

I am a artist/sculpter, but not for dolls, I have many many dolls of all kinds , really dont want to make my own, but I have made some inturesting figures out of polymer clay (not my favorite medium ) here are a fewIMG_2522.JPG

DOLLS ARE MY THERAPY
Message 2245 of 2,404
latest reply

Cissy in Lacy Aqua Shirtwaist Dress from 1957

Presentation1.jpg

Goldie
Message 2246 of 2,404
latest reply

I was told , and not very nicely that iI could not show dolls on here that were forsale, and they were right , I just didnt read the fine print

and I wasnt selling dolls just some hand made clothing. Sorry I learded the hard way .I don't  upset anyone in here lol

your dolls are beautifull,  I think I have one of  those in my collection., but half my collection is in storage , as we arnt sure where we will be in the next couple of years.  I really mostly collect non-breakable doll sense we have not stayed in one place for very long in the past 15yrs.

here is a small section of my dolls

oops can seem to upload I will try again after I post this

DOLLS ARE MY THERAPY
Message 2247 of 2,404
latest reply

Picture 101.jpg

DOLLS ARE MY THERAPY
Message 2248 of 2,404
latest reply

P-19 Ideal Toni from the 1950's

100_1394.JPG

Goldie
Message 2249 of 2,404
latest reply

IMG018.JPG

love my Sydney Chase

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2250 of 2,404
latest reply