cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with Regina Sandreuter wood doll

buyonli62
Enthusiast
I recently acquired a wooden doll by artist Regina Sandreuter. Can anyone tell me anything about these dolls? I'm not a Regina Sandreuter collector, so I don't know anything about these dolls.

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

She's fabulous! German, I believe, very few made of each. Ball-jointed. Check with The Toy Shoppe in Midlothian, VA (that's not me) for good info.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

what does she look like, I can help you better if I can see a photo

thanks
florence
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Regina has no retired. She made two types wooden dolls: 12 part jointed and 8 part jointed. Both about the same height. She started making wooden dolls in 1986: sold first in Germany and then in Germany and the US. When the retail price was around $1000 plus for the 8 part, several shops in the US sold the dolls: when she cur back on her production and the dolls became more expensive: most shops could not afford to sell the dolls: which meant the the Toy Shoppe and the Friend Co. became the last two retail sellers prior to her retirement The original 8 part were identified by letters only, no name: IE: PG, FA, BD: the label was usually sewn in the dress on the pants and the edition was usually limited to 25, with some exceptions: GI and GG were made in an edition of 35: some of the later dolls were made in smaller editions. The label usually had the # of the doll on it. The 12 part dolls also had on the back of the neck the number of the head: there were 100 dolls with the F head; 100 with the M head: the E and N heads were very limited.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

mobydick2307
Enthusiast

I am sorry, but I can English a little bit.

Die Antwort, die ich entziffern konnte ist nicht ganz korrekt. Regina Sandreuter hat schon Anfang der 80er Jahre Holzpuppen hergestellt. Ich half ihr bis ca. 1990 bei der Herstellung der Schuhe und habe noch eine Holzpuppe von ihr mit eingebranntem Siegel am Hals "RS1". Die Schuhe habe ich aus sehr gutem Nappaleder hergestellt. Der Entwurf der ersten Stiefel kam von mir.

Leider habe ich später den Kontakt verloren.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I see that your post was in 2010.  Did you receive the information you hoped for?  I purchased an 8-part  wooden Sandreuter doll from a doll collector about the same time.  She is very fine, and much appreciated, as Regina Sandreuter and her husband, Abhinavo Sandreuter,  stopped making the hand carved wood dolls, but continued producing their very fine porcelain dolls.  The quality of both the doll and the hand-made clothing, including a folding, wooden bench made by Abhinavo, make them very special!  The expression on the doll's face is "...on the verge of expression rather than a particular expression.  In the same way, our doll's costumes don't reflect a fixed period of style or fashion history." (quote from the Sandreuters in a catalogue).

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hi, I am a long time collector of these dolls you can contact me with any questions through ebay user name bengalcatsforu

@buyonli62 wrote:
I recently acquired a wooden doll by artist Regina Sandreuter. Can anyone tell me anything about these dolls? I'm not a Regina Sandreuter collector, so I don't know anything about these dolls.

Thanks in advance!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi, I have been a sandreuter collector for over 20 years if you would like to send me a picture, I can tell you about the doll, they are sometimes wood and othertimes they are porcelain and early ones were a resin type material.

Regards

Christine

Message 8 of 8
latest reply