eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Re: What's the deal with Little Mermaid Video & banned cover art

in reply to chanti333

While the prince and mermaid are getting married on the ship, the prince is erect and it bounces up and down a couple times.

a few things on Lion king and a couple other movies.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chichi_boutique

In the movie there is also a nasty part when they are getting married. If you notice while they stand there the prince is at erect  and it bounces up and down  a cople times.

There are a few things in Lion king and a few other movies.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
I never noticed anything until I read about it on the internet years ago. I do not see how this could offend anyone. Maybe they should censor images of certain ancient Greek or Roman art. Really stupid.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
I heard the artist was going to be fired, or not recommissioned for another piece so he included the image on purpose. I don't think you could do that by accident, it's quite intentional I think.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

What's the deal with Little Mermaid Video & banned cover art

in reply to chanti333
Oops...I meant spray!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
On the little Mermaid cover there is also a spary of water with spelling the "F" word. The letters are disconnected, but there. Four letters in a row spelling it out. Check it out. My daughter saw it when looking for the the other nasty on the cover. There are probably others?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
Yeah, it's so graphic, I have a hard time believing that it was accidental as well. It clearly is what it is.

in reply to chanti333
I worked in a video store at the time it came out on VHS. I have the poster of the original artwork.
Please use plain text.
fancy*tails
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
I don't think they are worth much these days actually. I came across one today in fact and you can definitley see the image plain as day. I know at one time they were going for quite a bit but I don't think so anymore. Maybe because dvd's are the thing now? Who knows.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
The Little Mermaid does have a Phallic spire on the video cover. Years ago my boyfriend and I actually noticed it after owning the video for several months, and we giggled a lot. I'm a graphic artist myself and find it impossible to believe this was an accident, even if the artist said it was! It is so obvious once you see it! I suppose our copy has increased in value. :-)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
i didnt see the sex in the clouds.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
if people have so little to do in life that they play hidden pictures all the time i feel sorry for them. boy, what a sad state it is when war is ok but some accidental slip of a brush isn't.
disgusting.
ladyfur
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
hidden items in art and software are often called easter eggs, check out the Dreamworks poster with hidden Disney character Mufasa in it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1419&item=3864187455&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

neat huh
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
Ive seen that too, look close, its just his knee. I think people were really looking too hard for something naughty there.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333

The old version of the little mermaid also has a blip in it. I didn't notice till my sis showed me, but at the end when Ariel gets married right when the preacher say's "dearly beloveth watch his crotch. This was another reason why they recalled this version of The Little Mermaid.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
Also I suppose the next thing on this thread will be the Lion King S-E-X in the clouds. I DID catch that one before it was a big scandal, my friends and I thought it was halarious when we saw it at 14 lol
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
lol, yeah I remember that, I bought it just to see what the big deal was and it turned out that the copy I got was too new and it had already been edited out! I was so mad, I spent half an hour with the pause button checking every frame too. I eventually did see it online, 2 frames where you see a (very fuzzy image) topless chick, big whoop.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
From Snopes:
On 8 January 1999, Disney announced a recall of the the home video version of their 1977 animated feature The Rescuers because it contained an "objectionable background image."

You can read the rest of the article the Snopes website. It is true.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
Wasn't there a Disney movie of about that time period where some Disney employees did add in a couple frames of someone naked or something? You couldn't notice unless you stopped it at just the right point because the clip was so short. It was recalled as well.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to chanti333
I have a copy as well. It's difficult to notice. You have to really look to notice it.
Please use plain text.